“Wee gem of a place in the middle of the city!”

The Crescent Townhouse
Ranked #27 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 23 April 2014

On a recent visit home I was looking for a hotel in the centre of the city. I'd stayed in The Europa and Jury's Inn before and didn't really like either of them. A good friend mentioned this place, which I didn't even know existed. From the moment I got there I was impressed. Jon at reception was exceptionally helpful, offering to arrange taxis, help me find a place to eat, overall a real credit to the hotel. The room was really nice, large and modern. The bed was exceptional and the overall quality of the fittings and furnishings was REALLY high. For 80 quid a night I was very impressed as I've paid a lot more for a lot less. I was on the ground floor (Room 101, thankfully not Orwellian) and in the morning it got a little noisy, so I'd suggest a higher floor. This is now my go to hotel in Belfast, great value, location and quality. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Higher floors recommended as the city center can get noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robin O

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Lovely room--extremely comfortable beds and large bathroom.The service given at reception/in the bar and in the restaurant was excellent.Best cooked breakfast we have had for a long time.We will definitely be staying here when we visit Belfast later in the year and hopefully enjoy a longer visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newbeginners
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We only stayed one night but the hotel is very nice. Staff could not have been friendlier and more helpful. The room was lovely and clean. Bathroom was spacious and provided toiletries.
Breakfast was included in our reasonable rate. The restaurant was fabulous and breakfast was delightful.
Parking was free on the street overnight which was perfect for our needs. I parked right in front of the hotel.
The ONLY drawback is that there is no elevator so pack a light suitcase. We were offered help with our luggage though so even this is not a huge deterrent!
Would most definitely return here.
The area is alive with college students and is within walking distance of most things.

Room Tip: Best to ask for a room not facing Botanic St. That can be a bit nosy with the nightlife. Facing...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mmkjt
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here last week. We booked B&B and were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room and the hotel throughout.
We had planned to go elsewhere for a few drinks and a meal but the hotels offer of half price cocktails and a free starter or dessert when buying a main course changed our minds.
The staff throughout the hotel went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable with the barman making cocktails for us that weren't on the menu, the receptionist offering to see if he could open the restaurant a little early because we had landed down too soon and our waitress happily scampering back to the bar to fetch more cocktails!
Wifi was available throughout the hotel and wee found free parking within easy walking distance. Despite the fact we ended up not leaving, the hotel is also conveniently located with plenty to do nearby.
We'll be back, and I suggest you give it a try too, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BryanMcC
Reviewed 20 March 2014

A lovely, clean little hotel. Had a lovely atmosphere, unlike big hotels. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good too. Would really recommend it. About 10 mins walk from centre and 20 mins walk from the nightlife, therefore peaceful and quiet!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurence o
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I recently booked an overnight stay for my wife and myself here and was very pleasantly surprised! The room was very comfortable and spacious and despite being in a busy area there was very little sound from the street outside. Breakfast was very enjoyable and service was good also. Staff were fairly unconcerned at the fact that we missed checkout time too... I'm already planning to stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gooner2112
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I stayed the night before our sons surgery and the hotel was great.Thje meal we all had was great and they provided us with breakfast at no charge when we came back from hospital after the breakfast time was finished.Number one for quality and customer service would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family