The hotel had no lift beyond the first floor and we had to carry our bags up three flights of stairs. On leaving, when I asked for a porter to bring them down the young girl on reception said she would do it as there were none. Our room had no drawer storage, was small and backed onto a nightclub with very load music till the early hours of the morning. We are frequent users of Best Western and, therefore, felt no need to make special requests and so we ended up being tucked out of the way in rooms which, at the weekend, were not fit for purpose due to the noise. As two couples we both spent the weekend climbing up and down stairs even though we are all in our sixties. This hotel did not live up to the standard we are used to expecting from the Best Western. We were refused a complimentary meal in the restaurant but offered a bottle of wine and free upgrade if we chose to return. Most certainly not!
On the Sunday we returned at 4.00pm to find that our room had not been serviced. When I enquired why I was told that they were getting the vacated rooms ready for new visitors first.
When we told a young lady in Belfast where we were staying she replied that she thought it was a B&B! Enough said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the heart of the bustling Queen's Quarter, the historic Crescent Townhouse Hotel and our friendly staff are ready to welcome you to Belfast where we will endeavor to make your stay as special and memorable as possible. This well-appointed boutique hotel has been carefully and thoughtfully designed to give a contemporary feel in a classic setting. It features traditionally decorated rooms with comfortable, modern amenities including a flat screen TV/DVD and free Wi-Fi. The lavish Suites are decorated in traditional Victorian style fitted with dark mahogany canopy beds, floral drapes, antique wing armchairs and a roll top bath and walk-in shower. A wide range of food is served at the hotel's restaurant, which includes specialties made with locally sourced ingredients. The breakfast, with many options to choose from, is served daily. You can choose to include the breakfast in your accommodation package or purchase it separately. Metro Bar offers a more relaxed welcome with a full bar food menu available every lunchtime and evening. The atmosphere is lively, warm and friendly and the famous Belfast banter goes on well into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Crescent Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent Townhouse Belfast
- Crescent Townhouse Hotel Belfast