The check in was a little unfriendly.
The suite (Empire) was a nice style although very shabby in places (bulb not working etc). The room however was too dark for my wife to do her hair and makeup easily (all lights were on at teh time)
A group of 6 of us went for the meal and stay package. Usually teh service and food in the Metro Brasserie is superb. However on this occasion it was well below the usual standard. The 6 of us arrived for our pre-booked meal. however the waiting staff did not know we were guests in teh hotel (lack of communication). They wouldnt although one of teh party to swap a starter fro dessert (poor service). The food was not at its greatest for this usually great restaurant. They even tried to charge us for th entire meal (which was clearly included in our stay) and the end of the meal.
Breakfast was good apart from no one actually sayingw here it was held and that juice etc was available for self-service. We later found this out after having eaten our breakfast.
The cooked breakfast was very good.
Sleep - it was incredibly noisy (until about 3am and early in the morning).
Overall for spending over £120 on a one night package and meal I thought the service and accomodation would have been better. Unfortunately the meal may have put me off returning to Metro. We would go there quite often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the heart of the bustling Queen's Quarter, the historic Crescent Townhouse Hotel and our friendly staff are ready to welcome you to Belfast where we will endeavor to make your stay as special and memorable as possible. This well-appointed boutique hotel has been carefully and thoughtfully designed to give a contemporary feel in a classic setting. It features traditionally decorated rooms with comfortable, modern amenities including a flat screen TV/DVD and free Wi-Fi. The lavish Suites are decorated in traditional Victorian style fitted with dark mahogany canopy beds, floral drapes, antique wing armchairs and a roll top bath and walk-in shower. A wide range of food is served at the hotel's restaurant, which includes specialties made with locally sourced ingredients. The breakfast, with many options to choose from, is served daily. You can choose to include the breakfast in your accommodation package or purchase it separately. Metro Bar offers a more relaxed welcome with a full bar food menu available every lunchtime and evening. The atmosphere is lively, warm and friendly and the famous Belfast banter goes on well into the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your The Crescent Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent Townhouse Belfast
- Crescent Townhouse Hotel Belfast