“Perfect weekend break”

Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Tipperary, Ireland
“Perfect weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel was outstanding, perfect location for easy access to Belfast and stones throw from kings hall for which we were up to attend an event there, fabulous food, great atmosphere and the staff were fantastic so friendly and helpful.
The room was also fantastic. All in all it was outstanding value for money and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

We staid here for two nights with a group of 4 people. The reception and service was overall very welcoming and friendly. Rooms were tidy and up to standard. The reason why i don't give a very good for Sleep Quality and Rooms is because the walls were were not really sound-proof.
As we knew the party in the room next door this wasn't a problem. With the added benefit that we were able to have a conversation from one room to another through the walls. But if you have noisy neighbors you might be in trouble.
Breakfast had a good enough variety, although i'd like to have some fresh fruit. We really liked the whole atmosphere. The location is perfect as well with direct access to the motorway.
Overall i can only recommend this hotel, just if you are a light sleeper be aware.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
belfast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Ate in the Lady Ann this evening and the food was like the food you'd get in a school dinners! Disgusting! It reminded me of being back on the school canteen! Yuck!

Starter we got veg soup which was nice I must say. When our mains came it was a whole different story! We ordered lamb dinner the lamb was over cooked and extremely thin mash potatoes where horrible as well as the veg. Dessert we had apple crumble of was served on a plate not end a bowl it looked like it was just thrown on the plate and covered in custard as another school reminder! Myself and mum just looked at each other. Presentation is diff something they don't care about infant I don't think they care about any of the food they serve. They need to sit down n taste what we r eating.

Only positive is the staff our lovely.

I wouldn't recommend!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed for one night mid-week. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was good in the grill room and the breakfast was lovely. The room was nicely decorated but could do with some soundproofing. You could here the conversations from the hall and the shower over us going at 7am, twice!! The shower in our room was not very hot or powerful. Apart from these little things, it is a nice hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Dropped in for dinner on Friday afternoon. Staff were very welcoming and a good mix of family and business clientele. Whilst I had a curry everyone else had a different roast dinner ( turkey & ham, chicken, beef ) all served with veg and choice of different potatoes or chips from the specials menu. While the curry was great my mouth watered as I looked round the roast dinners. Great food, clean plates, pleasant courteous staff, and great value for a family dinner. Compliments to the chef.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Ate in The Lady Ann Grill on Saturday service was extremely slow (15 mins) before we had anyones attention which resulted in myself going to the bar to order drinks. We ordered the specials which seemed nice and ate most of it but realised when I moved chicken away from the ham it had an awful stench. I told the waiter and we were offered free deserts and coffee and my meal taken off the bill. Since leaving myself and my sister spent the evening and next day in the bathroom and severe cramps etc...I sent an email to the manager and im still waiting!! This is unbelievable..maybe a visit from the EHO will prompt a response.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank phyllishayes
Kenmare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

I had booked this hotel because it was very convient to my parents house, but after reading the reviews on this i was dreading staying! I was very suprised to find the family room was 2 double rooms with an adjoining door it was very spacious, alittle more attention to cleaning is needed, it was fine. It was expensive at £120.00 B&B for 1adult, youth, 5 & 2yr old, but breakfast and breakfast staff was lovely. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ring before to check if there is anything on in the hotel (ie wedding ) and request a quite room:)