“I haven't a bad word to say”
Review of Balmoral Hotel

Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“I haven't a bad word to say”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This would be my second time my partner and I have eaten in the main restaurant here. They do a great deal - 4 course meal for 2 plus bottle of wine for £35. Even better that the rose wine is one of my favourites - Sutter Home. Of course that may not be up the street of the someone looking for a more expensive wine :). There is a good enough selection of items on the menu or starters, main and dessert, the portion sizes are big, the service is fast and friendly and the food is gorgeous! This time we split the chicken tempura and breaded mushrooms then got a sirloin steak each. The starter was very tasty and served with salad and a lovely creamy coleslaw. The steak was like a little bit of heaven with onion rings and I went for garlic butter. The girl serving us mixed our steaks up so my partner couldn't abide by the blood on his plate. They cooked him a whole new dinner and took off the supplement charge for the 2 steaks (£2.50 per head). I think the Balmoral is a 3 start hotel with a 4 star service. Will definitely return

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 11 June 2013

lovely hotel it really is a home away from home staff cant do enough. weddings in here are fab Ive been to quite a few and always had a wonderful time the rooms are clean and have everything you would need and if they dont just ask.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Forres Moray
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Spent two nights here as we were attending a family event close by. All in all an ok experience the only negative comments I would make was the amount of noise emanating from the function room at night. First night of our stay a wedding reception was in progress and we accepted the fact there would be some noise. in actual fact it wasn't to bad. the second night however was a completely different ball game. A boxing venue had been arranged for most of the evening and this was followed by a disco. We went to bed at 11pm but sleep was impossible. I complained to reception at 12.20am and was assured the disco would terminate at 1am. it did but then the noise of people going home went on for a long time after ie car horns, taxi engines people talking and shouting. the fact that I had complained made me think that management may have contacted me but they didn't. As I have indicated an average stay, food good, hotel clean and well maintained and staff excellent but guest consideration at night when a function occurring, very very bad and for that reason couldn't stay again which is a shame as everything else was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I recently got married at the start of May 2013 and I had my wedding reception in The Balmoral Hotel. I could not have asked for better. The food was delicious, the staff were more than helpful, and it was an all round great day everything went so smoothly and it was all down to the staff and their help. The room was decorated beautifully and everyone commented. If like us anyone is planning on getting married and doesn't want to travel too far, i would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We have been to the hotel on a few occations for Sunday Dinner. The Meals are very nice always very busy. The service has always been good and the staff are all very friendly. We have never stayed in the hotel so I can't comment on that. Sunday Dinner you can get a four course menu for just under £15.00 very good value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed here for a wedding and found the hotel to be perfectly adequate for our needs. The level of service was generally good and drinks were reasonably priced.

The food was a bit of a let down, I had 3 meals here and didn't particularly enjoy any of them. The rooms were fine, average size, pretty clean but nothing to right home about. Location was also a bit far from Belfast town centre for our liking.

In summary I very much doubt I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Justin S
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Stayed for one night, was attending the the new age holistic fair at the Kings Hall, the hotel was nice, staff helpfull, the room was nice, bed comfortable, had a drink in the sports bar, good atmosphere, then ate in the restaurant, had the thickest gammon steak i have ever saw, food was great and reasonabley priced.Never had breakfast as at £10 a time i thought it a bit much, but i did have breakfast a previous time when it was included in the booking for an extra £9 or £10 pound for two and it was really nice, an ulster (irish ) fry ans as much toast and rolls you can eat.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple