“Disappointed”

and 1 more site!
Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Nothing in the hotel met my expectations so it's safe say I will never return to this hotel. The pictures on the website were very misleading! The hotel staff was rude and ignorant, the room was very small and cold as the window was left open. Our room was located near the function room and it felt like the party was in our bedroom going on till about 2 am!! The breakfast was alright, nothing special. All in all our stay was a huge disappointment, what we couldn't tell to staff as they were almost pushing us out of the door in the morning. We have sent the hotel email after our stay but no one has contacted us. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Do not stay at this hotel! My experience was awful! The staff are ignorant with no consideration.. The receptionist answered the phone twice while dealing with me and my girlfriend to deal with other customers.. Entertainment was far too loud It sounded like the disco was in my room at 2:30am! I got a room completely different to the one I booked and when I had the do not disturb sign on my door at 11pm the maid still banged on my door to try to get in, completely disgraceful, when I was checking out I could not give feed back as they couldn't wait to get me out the door, I would 110% not recommend this hotel, the only good member of staff in this hotel was a middle aged waitress at breakfast, that's the only good thing I can say about my experience in this hotel.. I wouldn't even give them the satisfaction of looking at the place than stay in it again!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Aaghgg
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel over Easter weekend with my daughter and some friends and had a great time! I had stayed previously at the hotel and this time it was no different!!! Absolutely superb all the way through our stay staff as normal very friendly and are prepared to go that bit extra! Really good value and food very varied and very good at all times an all round asset to the patrons of Belfast!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joneee7
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here as working long hours back to back in belfast - i got a good deal £45 one night b&b the room turned out to be a double and was simple and clean it had a bathroom and bath and included dove body wash and the room had tea coffee and biscuits. Most importantly for work - it had good wifi.
the breakfast was cooked to order and was good enough - not the best ive had and not the worst. staff were friendly and i enjoyed my stay.

the walls are not very thick so next doors tv sound was very clear - this didnt annoy me - but if you are a light sleeper - it would be a problem.

its quite a bit out of belfast city centre but quite close to the kingshall.
I would recommend for business travel or for families needing somewhere affordable to sleep overnight..

Room Tip: ask for a bath as not guaranteed also ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 1shamrock
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Balmoral is an older hotel with large function rooms and comfortable bedrooms. It is not a 5 star hotel but it is great value for money. The staff are very friendly and cheerful. Lorraine at the front desk and Brenda at breakfast were lovely. There is a good choice for breakfast and the food was great. We loved the restaurants and ate dinner there several times. The weekends are very busy with weddings, christenings etc. so make sure you request a room away from the function rooms. We had room 44 the first week and had a quiet time. This room had no bathtub just a walk in shower so if you need a tub, you should request that up front. The second time, we stayed in room 57 which was more modern and seemed to have been updated. It had a bathtub. It was also quiet.
There is a bus stop right outside the hotel gates that takes you into the center of Belfast. We enjoyed the bus ride because it was like a mini tour of the murals on the Falls Road and Andersonstown.

Room Tip: When you book, request a room away from function rooms. If you need a tub, request it when you book...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Arrived to a smoking room...had requested non smoking. It stank...stale smoke. Had no time to fuss...(was up in Belfast due to a sick relative in hospital here)...so dropped off my stuff in room and went straight to see my relative. Good location if you need to stay in the vicinity of Kings Hall/UpperLisburn Rd. Returned to room that evening around 10pm. Music from disco or bar downstairs was literally so loud I felt like I was there. Ran a bath. Pubic hair(from a previous occupant) on bath
tap. Boke. Beautiful breakfast and lovely service next morning. Unfortunately, the next night an even louder disco. In all fairness,all was quiet by 1.15am on both nights of my stay. If you want to sleep before then, this is not the hotel for you. I will not return.I needed a last
minute place to stay due to my relative being ill/moved to a Belfast hospital. I did not complain or give the hotel a chance to fix things as I had more important things to worry about. However at no point was I asked if everything was ok...not even at checkout! !! Book only if you like to
party & dont need to sleep b4 1am! Do not book if you want to experience the true Belfast experience. Disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Pat M
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel is quite good for a value hotel.
The rooms are small but adequate.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Check in was quick .
Breakfast was quite good although quite slow, but we weren't in a hurry so that didn't matter to much

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family