“value for money, clean hotel”
Review of Balmoral Hotel

and 1 more site!
Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #37 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
cavan
“value for money, clean hotel”
Reviewed 16 May 2010

we were very pleased with this hotel, great value for money. The room was clean, though the plumbing seemed loud, i am only giving a good for sleep quality as i found the rooms very walm ( a good complaint some might say!).
The waitressing staff were very helpful, both at breakfast and in the evening. We arrived late on our first evening but we were facilitated with a meal which was greatly appreciated after a long journey.
whilst not in the centre of town it is only a walk away from a park and ride facility which costs £3 return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
N.Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Myself and a few friends stayed at this hotel for a city break. Hotel is lovely, very clean and staff are very friendly. hotel is under-going an extention to the front but it didnt cause us any hassle! when this is complete it will look fantastic. Will def return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank ML105
ireland
Reviewed 23 November 2009

My sister and i spent the nite at the balmoral it was our first visit, We hope to return again. We had a very pleasant stay, yes there were a few minor compliants we could have made. But didnt think it worth doing as the upside of our stay made it worth while. We ate in the restaurant and the meal and service was great, lovely girls who were so helpful in every way. The breakfast was fabulous as was the service. Yes i would recomend .. maybe not every ones taste but we were happy. . .. .

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank chrisbreslin
UK
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stayed at the Balmoral Hotel midweek only to be sleep deprived due to excessive noise from a wedding reception in the function room below. Furthermore when I got up to complain to the night porter I met a frequent guest of the hotel who told me this was a regular occurance. Whilst the night porter was very apologetic he agreed that the noise was totally unacceptable but unfortunately couldn't move us as the hotel was full. When I spoke to the general manager in the morning he blatently lied to me saying that the night porter went upstairs and couldn't hear any noise. Clearly management do not respect their staff or care about their guests paying for accommodation only to be sleep deprived.
The rooms were also very small and the showers were absolutely terrible.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank CBJNZ
N Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We booked the Balmoral on line and was a bit worried after reading reviews. I am happy to say that my worries were unfounded and the Hotel was excellent. Our Room was large, modern and very clean.Towels were changed daily, Breakfast was included in the deal and freshly cooked. The staff were very friendly and service very good. We arrived on Sunday evening and the Bars and Grill Room were very busy, seems popular with the locals. Travel into Belfast City Centre by car took less than 10 minutes by the Motorway and access is great for visits to other parts of Northern Ireland.. When you read adverse reviews of this Hotel it is worth noting that most of them are a couple of years old. Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clydebuilt
Dublin
Reviewed 2 June 2009

From the time we arrived the staff were rude! Food is a disgrace. Don't take a breakfast option (full irish was dripping in grease) I could have made the dinner myself. On arrival to out room i discovered a dirty used towel in the bathroom. The room is the smallest i have ever seen with no air conditioning and such a cheap un comfortable bed. Every single thing in this hotel screams cheap, as for the clientelle, very rough crowd. Felt very aware at all times. I had read the reviews here before we went but decided to give it the benefit of the doubt but jesus was i wrong to! NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephmisshorty
UK
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I booked to stay at the hotel through its own website, which was charging a rate of £50 per night B&B. When I arrived they had no record of my booking so I stood around for ten minutes waiting for them to book me in. Not a good start and not even a sniff of an apology. When I got to my room there were no hangers in the wardrobe and the back was missing from the tv remote control, which didnt work anyway. The pillows had a faint smell of aftershave - presumably from the last guest....or maybe even the one before him. This only added to a bad nights sleep for the doors at the end of the corridor would wake an elephant when they are opened and closed. Next morning was the icing on the cake. Went to the desk to check out and they tried to charge me £65. I explained (again) how I had booked online and even showed them the booking confirmation that was sent to me by text. Not enough. The girl on the desk had to make a call to persons unknown to clear the £50 charge. I was past the point of arguing that they had already debited my account for the £3 booking fee so should only have charged me £47. Yet again, not so much as a "did you enjoy your stay" or " was everything to your satisfaction". And no, I didn't get an apology. Breakfast wasn't bad though. You have been warned.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo