“Best Hotel Food in Lisburn Area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Balmoral Hotel

and 1 more site!
Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“Best Hotel Food in Lisburn Area.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

Irish Style Restaurants in this area are mostly pretty disasterous.

If you wish to dine reasonably well in this area, the obvious choice, is go for, Indian, Chinese or Italian. If you however want to try Irish style cooking,
your first choice in this area, should be the Balmoral Hotel.

The service and cooking in this Hotel is not fancy, however the staff are friendly and try.

For a basic Sunday lunch, this the best in this area.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Just wanted to write a review of this hotels to warn any potential travellers off - it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Stayed here with my boyfriend, wanting a nice relaxing and peaceful break, and we got anything but! The noise level on our floor was absolutely ridiculous, resulting in the worst nights sleep ive ever had in a hotel. There were a crowd of couples staying on our floor who obviously all knew each other and had no thought whatsoever for any one else trying to get to sleep in the hotel - Ive a few choice words to describe them but il leave it to the imagination! neway the bleeps were up and down the stairs alnte, slamming doors and shouting all over the corridor - they even had the cheek to knock our door at half one in the morning 'for a laugh' - yea very funny, somehow i dnt think they'd have seen the funny side if we'd done the same to them. So my advice is stay away and dont bother wasting your money to be sleep deprived and have people wrapping on your door at all hours in the morning! The hotel obviously know this is going on - I'd say this happens on a regular basis and they should seriously consider how they can reduce noise in the hotel at night from rowdy guests as it is not fair on those spending good money when you could get a better nights sleep at home. Also its a bit of a shoddy hotel all round, room wasnt great and hotel decor very old fashioned. When we went for breakfast in the morning I wanted to sit at a four seater table as it had more comfortable seating, rather than a two seater. As it was just myself and my boyfriend we were told we had to sit at a two seater - even though the restuarant was completely empty bar one elderly couple! Not really a big deal but just seemed a bit of a joke to me - there was plenty of room in the restaurant!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maria1063
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

Had to stay here for a few days due to building work being completed at my home. Have been to several weddings here and eaten here on a number of ocassions. Both have been fantastic. The rooms are fine, clean and comfortable and affordable however if your planning on staying here thursday-sunday when there are lots of weddings/functions and busy bar, I would advise staying out until about 1am or 2am because the music sounds like its being played in your room and the noise from guests is really loud to. I was advised of this by the reception so fair enough but just wanted to let anyone know who is planning on staying during these times. Ive stayed here for functions or after a night in town and not a problem because I came in so late but probably not a good spot for families on the weekend. Premier inn or similar in the city centre is just as cheap and less noise. But must reiterate its a nice hotel for functions and staff are nice too.

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Ballybofey, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed in the Hotel on Sat 2nd Oct along with my wife and 12 yr old daughter - The room was ok, the camp bed that was set up for my daughter was supposed to have 12 or more slats, only 5 where intact the rest broken (this must have been noticeable when being set up by the staff), after mentioning this to the reception staff I was told somebody would call down to me within 5 mins, 30 mins later a guy arrived with another campbed - I agreed to set this up myself as it was late and the rest of the family where in bed, the second bed was 4 inch higher at the top than the bottom due to the feet missing. My daugter ended up sleeping in the double bed with my wife and I enjured a terrible night trying to sleep on the camp bed. I emailed the manager of the hotel when I got home - Still no response - Would not recommend to stay here with young children

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank AndyParkinson
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

Its obvious the Hotel has been going through a refurbishment ,with the owners aiming to keep the wood and colour schemes very traditional.
I was impressed with the staff,food,and the room (although it was two single beds i had)free wifi worked like a dream,and handy location for the M1 into belfast town around 10 mins depending on what time i will certainly use this as my belfast base in the future rather than the Ramada at Shawsbridge ,only thing lacking is a leisure facility

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Warrington, Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

Having visited Belfast for the first time in my life, I stayed with my wife at the Balmoral Hotel, Belfast.
The reception staff were superb,We were given as much information AND time as we needed.
The Meals were excellent and the attitude of the staff was faultless, we were made to feel welcome as if we were lost friends, especially by Laura and Brenda at breakfast.
Avery big THANK YOU to each and every one including the two owners who we met at breakfast,
Barry and Dianne, Cheshire.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

Booked a special deal 2 nights b and b plus 2 evening meals from their table d'hote menu, We were given 2 pieces of paper with our names written on them, these were to be given to the staff before we ordered our meal. When we did this none of the staff seemed to know what menu to give us, so they talked among themselves for about 20 minutes before deciding that the lunch menu was the one and not the evening menu. Rather than argue the point we ordered off the lunch menu. The next night was no better, we were told to go to the grill bar as the main restaurant was closed, this was not a problem. We gave the piece of paper to the staff and again the problems began. After another wait we were told that we were on a special 4 course menu, but what we got was more or less the same lunch menu as the previous evening. When we had finished our lunch, (sorry, our evening meal) they decided we were only entitled to a 2 course meal. I have never known anywhere to change their minds half way through a meal. Needless to say this hotel certainly did not provide the service it advertised. We checked out shortly after as this ruined our city break. I could be picky about other things but it would sound like sour grapes so I will not bother, other reviews do a good job. One more thing, this was not the cheapest deal about, there are plenty of deals for city breaks so shop about. Will I be recommending this hotel to any of my friends? the answer is simple NO. On closing we sent an E Mail to the hotel addressing these problems, but as I was not expecting a reply I have not been disappointed as no reply has yet been received. This shows how much they care and value your custom.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple