“Two nights in Belfast”

Ranked #10 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Saline, Michigan
“Two nights in Belfast”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Somerton House. Mannix and the rest of the staff were very helpful, directing us on the walking route to the Belfast Castle for a meal and calling cabs for two other trips. The breakfast was abundant and delicious. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve103050

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night and found the accommodation and proprietors excellent! Ideal location for Belfast Zoo and Castle and close to the City Centre if you want it but in a quiet location if you don't. I would recommend this B&B and definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 23BIGMAN
Cardigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Somerton House is a quietly located, large, traditional B&B within easy reach of Belfast city centre. It is located in a peaceful, respectable area very near the ferry port and a good night's sleep is assured. Upon arrival off a late ferry, with my motorbike, I was welcomed by Mannix, the owner, and offered a space off-road on the front forecourt. As I was staying 3 nights I was allocated a double room by Mannix who was a very amenable and informative host during my pleasant stay. I would recommend this B&B to bikers as it is run in a very professional manner and lies on the north side of the city so it's perfectly situated for touring the Antrim coast. Breakfasts are great and cooked to order, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the accommodation is good value. It was my first trip to Belfast and I found the locals to be very friendly and down-to-earth and the city has plenty of culture to explore as well as great bars and eateries. The striking new Titanic Museum is spectacular and a must!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
CORSE
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We spent a week in Belfast, and we visited several cheap places for breakfast. This place was definitely the best, and not any more expensive than any of the others. It was quite busy, but we still got our food quickly. The man who took my order was very helpful and patient when I had questions about the menu.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here with my partner and my brother. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted by the owner. He was very friendly and offered us advice about shops, local buses etc. We arrived around 10am in the morning and were shown straight to our rooms.
The room was very clean, airy and very comfortable. My brother had a single room upstairs and his was also clean and even had a skylight which let him look out over Belfast.
We had an ensuite, which was useful and towels were changed everyday.
The beds were made everyday also.
Breakfast was yummy, with either continental or fried offered. The only down side was the portion size. My partner has a big appetite and the fried breakfast consisted of one egg, one tomato, one sausage, one rasher of bacon half a potato farl and half a soda bread. he doesnt like egg or potato bread, so that made it even smaller. Although it was enough for me and was cooked perfect.

Free wifi and computer use available, which my partner and brother relished.

All the staff were pleasant and were willing to help.

We will be staying here again, as we did really enjoy ourselves.

Room Tip: Get the en-suite rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Our double room was spacious,well furnished and the bed comfortable. The bathroom with shower was small but adequate. Breakfast was acceptable. The host and staff were very pleasant and knowlegable about the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Definitely among the best B&Bs we encountered during our 14-tour of Ireland/Northern Ireland. Our room/bathroom was immaculate, sunny, breakfast delicious. Mannix, our host, is a personable, kind host, and we felt completely at home during our two nights in Belfast. Can highly recommend this B&B, without reservation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple