“Wouldn't recommend”
Review of Parkview Lodge

Parkview Lodge
Ranked #38 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed here twice now. The second time I had no choice as we were literally stranded in Belfast for the night.

The first night there was four of us (all girls). We were heading out for the night and were having a few drinks in one of our rooms beforehand. We were just chatting, in my opinion not very loudly at approximately 9pm when one of the owners came to our door to tell us off for making too much noise. This obviously annoyed us a bit as it wasn't that late and we weren't making much noise. However; we kept our voices down and we were gone by 10.30pm.

The second night I stayed, I was woken up at 6am by the people in the room above us. It sounded like elephants were stomping around the room and as if they were dropping things all over the floor. As if this wasn't bad enough it continued for over 2hours! So clearly they were inconsiderate guests but the walls and floors must have been paper thin too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Where shall I start with this, perhaps with something positive. The room was clean.
Now then. There are bare light bulbs all the way up the stairs. We got the room nr 6, right on the top. There is a shower in the room. It does not work. There are a lot of cables all over the room, through the wardrobe, under the table, next to the bed. The bed is held together with a cable ties. There is a small window between the bedroom and the shower. There isn`t any glass in it. No napkins, tissues or anything else like that. Only one bedside cabinet. Five different hungers in the wardrobe. No light blocking curtains or blinds.
We had an impression that on the day of the arrival we were only ones there, but we still got asked exact time of coming down for the breakfast (which is not included in the price of the room). The breakfast consist of one egg, one slice of very thick bacon, baked beans. If you`ll get some toast with it, that will be only one sort of bread (we got brown bread). Two different cereals (plain corn flakes or bran flakes). Tea or coffee, a glass of orange juice.That`s it.
The landlady does not bother herself with any efforts to make a conversation, whatsoever.
After not very filling breakfast and discovering that shower does not work, we eventually decided to check out and find somewhere else to stay. We got the refund for the rest of the days, we had booked. After that we packed our bags, got down to the car, which was parked right on the front of the B&B just to discover that somebody had been trying to brake in the car and smashed all back screen. We called the police and car hire company and then sat in the car for more than an hour to wait till everything get sorted out. The landlady walked past us twice, she saw us and she did not even bother to ask what happened, never mind offering to wait inside or anything else like that.
We got a sense of complete misery there and I would really suggest to think at least twice before book that place for a stay and also mind that there is no cancellation policy either.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with 3 friends and booked 2 double rooms. The bnb is small and basic but our rooms were clean. Our bed was a bit squeaky but it was comfortable. The curtain at the window was a bit useless as I was awakened at 6am by blinding sunlight. So make sure you fall asleep not facing the windows. The shower in our room had a clear glass door so if you're sharing that can be a bit awkward. Clean towels and shower gel provided. The main bathrooms with toilets are shared but it was clean and there's not that many people to share them with. Parking is on street but we all got parked outside the building. It's a 10 minute drive from the city centre which is great. Didn't have breakfast so I can't review it. The big disadvantage of this place is the walls are paper thin! The owner came up and told us to keep it down at one point which was a bit awkward! Overall for our purposes it was good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zara226
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked 2 double rooms ensuite for myself and my family for one night and to be honest right from the moment we walked in we knew this wasn't really a good place. to start with the stairs are very steep and the only ensuite rooms they have are the ones on the top and its difficult to get there with the luggage.
next we had requested baby cot which was not provided and on asking the lady owner said she had apparently tried to send me an email to inform about the same which never came.
the next part is worse there was no milk , very little tea bags and sugar, one very small liquid soap sachet for one person which wasn't sufficient at all.
and the lady kept reminding me beforehand so many times about switching off the exhaust and lights in the bathroom when not in use as if I was a small kid.
the lounge area was a mess, the WIFI was very weak
really nothing was upto the mark even the room upstairs had very low ceiling and the tiles in bathroom were loose.
she informed that her cooker was broken and so there was no breakfast in case I decided to opt for, which I didn't .
the only good thing was the view from the room, which is fantastic

Room Tip: if you have to stay please see a room with a view coz that's the only good thing about this plac...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DrTrip100
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed just the one night but the bed was so comfortable and there was a blackout blind on the window so I slept soundly all night. And the 11am check out is very convenient not to mention the metro bus from the city centre stops about five minutes away from the B and B itself.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lololaloco
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was lovely and clean, the beds super comfortable, and the price wonderful! In a nice location with close to transport directly to the city centre. Would definitely come here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The B&B itself is basic and could probably do with a bit of a make over.

But at £38 for 2 of us for one night, I don't really have any complaints.

The owner wasn't overly friendly on arrival, but we were able to leave our bags as we arrived early so that was helpful.

The room was basic, but clean which again is what we expected for what we had paid. Our room had a double bed and a single with an en suite bathroom.
We had tea and coffee making facilities with tea, coffee, sugar and milk all in the room.
The TV didn't work, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it wasn't a massive issue.

We did not have breakfast so I can't review that.

The owner rang a taxi for us on a couple of occasions - about £5 into the city centre.
Or there's a bus stop at the bottom road with buses regularly arriving for the city centre.

Overall a good stay for the price we paid.

• Stayed: August 2013