“I love this place”

Madison's Hotel
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“I love this place”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I stay here every New Year's Eve. The rooms are really lovely and the bar is great (opened to 3am for guests). We had a beautiful 5 course menu in the restaurant. Staff are so lovely and genuinely want to look after you. The place generally has a relaxed feel and it is so clean and comfortable, I would not spend my new year anywhere else. Happy New Year to everyone at Madison's :)

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2011

booked only 2 hours before arrival due to cancellation of flights.Excellent service comfortable rooms and free wireless.good location for eating out lots of restaurants.Inhouse bar open till 3am for residents good low vloume music and coctails priced affordable.break.breakfst was good too.its not a 5 star good £60 you can ask more.very clean place

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank harpreet s
Reviewed 12 December 2011

My company hav our Christmas dinner here.First of all our meal was amazing.the niteclub wasnt due to open until 9pm but as there were a large party the staff opened the club early.£5 entry cheap for belfast and live music upstairs.
The staff and the doormen esp one tall polite one where exceptional all nite long.cant wait till i return with my wife.

• Stayed December 2011
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This hotel was ideal, I travelled with a friend to have a nite out with friends in Belfast. Was looking for a hotel near city centre and close to trendy night spts, shops and coffee bars. This hotel was exactly as expected. On arrival greeted by a plesant reception staff member, Dave. Although I could not get an early check in I was allowed to leave bags behind desk and he promptly recommended places to eat and things to do to pass the time. Very helpful. The hotel looked sheek from the outside, warm and inviting.
Nearby were plenty of cafes, restaurants, coffee bars and pubs. A few housr sightseeing and shoping later we returned, check in was able to be completed, room was on the second floor. On entering a smart twin bed room approached us, comfy beds, nice clean bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities. Also a tv, only snag with tv, no radio channels. (needed some music to get ready to, ha!). Shower lovely, plenty of toiletries in case you forget the essentials. Small problem with the hair dryer but reception came straight up and sorted it.
We headed out for tea as the hotel was fully booked being a xmas menu. We went across to a small italian recommended by reception, literally opposite hotel. Food was lovely and reasonably priced. On getting ready for night out weather was cold so we deciede to get a taxi to city centre, could be walked in around 10-15 mins but a very cheap £4 taxi got us there no prob, rung by reception who could'nt do enough to help us on our stay.
The hotel bar, Madison's was one of the busiest on an evening and had a small club located downstairs in property, free to guests and our friends got in with us as we were guests. Perfect place to stay, well recommended. Only drawback was slight noise after club closed due to bottles being emptied into waste bins at side of property, I was floor two so to be expected. Other than that no issues, check out was a breeze, no queues.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room to avoid the club noise particularly at weekend and a room to front of p...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank cazzaj81
Craigavon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel last weekend with 5 of my friends. We arrived early and the beautiful Corinne checked us in early as our rooms were ready. I think on behalf of all 6 of us we would like to thank Corinne for being so fantastic and accommodating. We basically landed to Belfast and didnt have the first notion of what to do or where to go....so she sent us off to the City Hall market which is a must to those who are staying in Belfast over xmas. We then went to the Crown bar for a few before heading back to the hotel for a meal.
The food was fantastic and the service was great....Peter the manager was suberb and great craic! Nothing was too much hassle for us fussy ladies.
We stayed in the hotel and went to the club downstairs which was great...not too big and a suitable age group. We took advantage of the residents bar and suffered the next day for it.
The rooms I must add were great. Spacious, clean and very comfortable with all the amenities you need.
Breakfast was lovely, cooked the way we all wanted it. Again with us being fussy ladies the chefs probably hated our order but it was all wonderful, and such smiley restaurant for a Sunday morning.
All in all we had a great stay and will definately be reccomending it to everyone. Lyndsey and the gang!

Room Tip: Phone Corinne, she is extemely helpful and knows everything
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lyndsey C
Ireland
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed in Madisons with my husband on the 2nd of December, check in was quick and staff couldnt have been nicer. The room was lovely, with a really comfortable bed. My husband went down to the bar to order us some cocktails while I was getting ready, it was happy hour so cocktails were only £3 and they were lovely. My husband ordered 4 cocktails and asked if he borrow a tray to take them to the room, the bar tender kindly offered to carry them up. It really nice to see staff that are friendly and helpful.

The next morning we went down for breakfast and the waiter came over with two glasses of orange. We ordered the breakfast we wanted, it was cooked to order but didnt take long to come out. I have to say it was beautiful, both the waitress and waiter checked if we needed anything else and quickly got us anything we were after. We had an appointment that morning so we were in a bit of a rush so it was great that the service was so efficient and came with a smile.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Google123
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Booked the Madison for my hen last weekend in November and I am so glad!!! Even booking the trip was a delight as there were 22 of us and they all booked individually, absolutely no problem for the hotel and kept me updated as we went on!!

Nehow, arrived at the hotel and was met by lovely Corine at reception, she was perfect, mannerly, a bit of fun and very apologetic when our rooms weren't ready!! So, we went into the bar and they let us know room by room!!

Cocktail class was at 5pm and the lovely Gary and Chris had to listen to 22 women and try to make cocktails at the same time!! God help them, but they were class and lots of fun!

Then came the dinner and because we booked the package we expected just a 3 choice menu, but no!! The hotel yet again exceeded itself, there was a choice of about 10 starters, 12 mains and 8 desserts!!! The service and the food was class!! The poor waiters had to listen to us at this stage but they were very courteous and mannerly and tended to our every need!!! First class!!!! The food was amazing, I had a chicken cesear for starter, pork belly for main and a cheeseboard for dessert but the creme brulee was amazing as well, compliments to the chef there!!

Then the night club came and the staff again were excellent!! I have a tendancy of taking my 6-inch heels off half way through the night and the manager of the night club was persistent that I wore my shoes!! She was brilliant, glad she did as obviously not seeing too straight at this stage and as a result I didn't cut my feet on broken glass!!!

The rooms were lovely (only had 3 hours sleep) clean (before we hit it) and fresh linen and towels, what more can you ask for!!! I just pitty the poor cleaners the next day as everybody was back in our room till 6am!!!

Oh the best bit ever, check out is at 12 noon, but guess what time breakfast is served to ..................3pm!!!! So made for hen weekends and the breaky was gorgeous as well!!!

I have to say what a weekend and what a hotel!!!! First class in all respects!!!! All this (B&B, Cocktail class, 3 course meal and admission to night club) for £79!!! Brilliant value!!!!

Room Tip: every room is a good room
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends