“romantic night away”
Review of Madison's Hotel

Madison's Hotel
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 11 January 2012

the hotel is lovely, it's located close to city center about a ten min walk. The food is excellent never fails to meet my standards and the staff are more than helpful. They gave great directions , advice and go the extra mile to help out. They had excellent entertainment in the bar and the cocktails should be tried. i decided to pay ten pounds extra was the deluxe suit and i would certainly do so again next time. i can't wait to have another wee night there soon thanks for a great break. Helen Jamieson

Room Tip: go for the deluxe :-)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Madison's Hotel

Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is the second time i have stayed here and it is great value for money i will definetly stay here again. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the restuarant is lovely. food is delicious is very reasonably priced (£8 for main course and wine). There is also a cocktail happy hour from 5-8 and they are absolutely fab! The staff rele made us feel welcome and couldnt have done enough for us! Rele enjoyed our stay here especially as breakfast was on until 3pm!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel last week with my friend and we had an amazing time. We checked in early which was no hassle as the receptionist was able to swap our room with one that was ready. We said to the receptionist that we had no plans and like that she was on the ball to see what we could do as we wanted to eat in the restaurant and then go out. She said there was a salsa night on in the empire across the road so we didnt even need taxis and we could always come back to the hotel at any time we wanted. But the empire was a ball, so we stayed there for ages and then came back for the residents bar. The food in the hotels restaurant was great. It was included in our stay and we had thought we only were getting two courses but it turned out to be three. With sore heads the next day we checked out with Corine who asked us if we had had breakfast yet. We sadly said no as we had assumed we missed it but corine informed us that it was on until 3pm so we were able to go even after we checked out. How we missed this we do not know, as there are posters in the hotel that say this and it is on the info sheet your get when you check in! Silly us. A great night had as a last minute get away from the kids and we definitley be back! Thanks to all the staff especially corine who couldnt have been more helpful, and to John in the restaurant for serving us with a smile. Louise and Karen

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Myself and my new Fiancé spent New Years at this wonderful hotel, and what a lovely hotel it is! On booking the very reasonable NYE package deal, we were unable to get a double room due to the hotel being fully booked, which I was disappointed about but was happy to go ahead with a twin room. On arrival at the hotel however, we were informed that a double room had become free and we had been booked into it. I was delighted that the staff had remembered my request!
Check-in was quick and hassle -free, our room was lovely, and spotless- I am quite fussy about cleanliness, but this hotel is really clean, and well maintained! The staff could not do enough for us, and this was on a very busy night! Our 5 course evening meal was lovely, and the bar staff make AMAZING cocktails!
The live music in the bar was brilliant, and we could come and go into the nightclub as we pleased.
That night my boyfriend and I got engaged, and Madison's was the perfect location, the staff could not do enough for us, and were so helpful.
The next morning we could have breakfast right up to 3pm, and there was a good variety of breakfast options on offer.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice night away at a very reasonable price!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed in Madisons last weekend with my boyfriend and we had a ball. We checked in on the Friday and went to our room on the 2nd floor. The room was very clean and we had a lovely double bed, which was very comfy. The bathroom was nice and spacious and very shiny. We had dinner in the hotel at 7pm. The staff were great. Always checking to see if we needed more drinks and that everything was okay with our food (which was fab). We had planned on moving to a different bar after our meal but there was a band on in the hotel so we stayed as there was a great wee crowd about and the band seemed good. We stayed up until quite late then went to bed and were able to have breakfast until 3pm the next day, which I have never heard of before. We checked out at 12 noon and were able to leave luggage behind reception, and chilled out in the restaurant for a few hours before our train was due. A lovely night away from the kids and we didn’t have to leave the hotel which was super! We will recommend highly to anyone who asks as the staff, rooms, food and drinks were all faultless.

Room Tip: the excellent receptionist do all the work for you, just say what you want and they get it!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMcC195
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed here on New Years Eve and was grateful to get a room but beyond that I feel a bit disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful but the rooms really do need a bit of work. The decor is rather drab and tired now and gives a gloomy feel to the room. The room that I stayed in was a twin (all that was available at last moment) and there was clearly a problem with the plumbing as the bathroom (and therefore the whole room) smelt of drains. Not pleasant at all.

The beds were adequate but only one pillow each. The television was very small indeed and attached to a wooden frame that had a chunk sawn out of it leaving a very unappealing look. I had trouble getting the tv to work and called Reception. The girl who came up was pleasant and did her best but it was impossible to get the Sky Box working and we could only get the terrestrial channels and reception on those was very poor indeed. The remote control had the cover for the battery compartment missing and was covered in some sort of drink stains - not impressive.

All in all - could do much better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I booked the New Year's Eve deal for my fiancé and myself and it sounded like a wonderful idea for us and a nice treat-how wrong I was!

Our meal was booked for early in the evening, but we got there early and got taken early, but on the way up the portable ramp, it collapsed and luckily my fiancé had a griP of my wheelchair or I would've fallen.
When we got in, we were given a plate of what can only be described as the worst torture device I've even seen and upon asking what they were, we were told canapés..
Our starter was watery soup and by that stage I was very concerned.
We then got served a champagne and mint? sorbet which tasted like handsoap -by then I was ready to leave and upon doing so, went straight back to our room and just trying to feel better.

This has ruined what was meant to be a special night for us

• Stayed: December 2011