“Enjoyable one night stay”
Review of Madison's Hotel

Madison's Hotel
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel on Friday night and also had dinner in the hotel. Room was on the third floor quiet and clean with everything we required. Dinner was an excellent offer of two courses for £10 and cocktails available at £3. We really enjoyed it, staff were lovely, friendly and attentive. We overslept the next morning due to a late night, we thought we had missed breakfast but when checking out were offered breakfast, by this stage it was 12.10pm. This was great and cooked to order, overall a very enjoyable stay also very good value for money, would recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harbourlady
madisonshotel, Manager at Madison's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your dinner and cocktails. We are running these offers throughout the summer so i hope you will come back and check out our new cocktails :-).

There are newer reviews for Madison's Hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Centrally located hotel with lots of Pubs near by. Went away with a group of Lads and am going back again next weekend this time i am going back with my Wife. They serve breakfast late so no need to be up first thing in the morning to have breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stephen M

Hi Ste,

I hope you enjoyed your return trip with your wife :-)

We like to let our guests have a lie in, we know what a night out in Belfast can be like :-)

Let us know when you are coming back and we will give you a discounted rate.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Before I go into the detail I would like to say that the staff here – reception, restaurant and housekeeping – were all lovely, professional and helpful, but the experience of staying here was simply awful. The room was cold and noisy. Our view was a brick wall and a dozen bottle bins. Only one pillow per person on a saggy bed. Broken tiles in the bathroom. Power outlets in the bedroom were disabled or covered so that they could not be used – the only way to charge a phone / boil a kettle etc was to use the single power outlet in the wardrobe so the steam goes into the plug – safety first!! Chair in bedroom was broken (seat hanging off) and the breakfast – which was surprisingly delicious – was paltry… one rasher, one sausage and a black pudding the size of a 10p piece. Anything above that, including toast, was subject to an extra charge. I understand the need for cost cutting but to do this to the point where it impacts on your guests to this extent is nothing short of contempt.

Worse than all of this was the noise. We were on the first floor (no alternative rooms available) so during the day were subject to a hugely noisy air vent outside our room, and at night the location of the bar meant we were subject to the live band downstairs until 1am – no sound proofing whatsoever and the noise was unbearable, making sleep impossible until the band stopped.

My last point – not directly under the control of the hotel but adding to the hellish experience – was the other guests. This is clearly a stag and hen venue rather than families or couples. We were woken four times during the night by other guests who were partying longer than us, shouting in the halls and banging on doors. It was intimidating and hugely unpleasant.

This is one of the most negative reviews I have ever written but felt I had to because of how bad the experience was. My advice if you are in this area is simple: go somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. It is important to us to get feedback from all guests- positive and negative as it lets us see what we are doing right and how we need to improve.

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments about our staff :-)

I am sorry to hear that you did not find your portion size at breakfast adequate. We do however offer toast with all breakfasts free of charge, as well as all items on the breakfast table. I will ensure that all staff make residents aware of this to save any confusion. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I apologise that we could not offer you an alternative room. Unfortunately, the hotel was full capacity or we would have been happy to move you to another room.

I am sorry about your experience during the night. We do ask our guests to respect other guests and I can only apologise about this occasion, as we normally find that our residents would respect this.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to show you what we can offer and we will ensure you are upgraded to a suite. If any extra pillows or anything else at all you require is needed reception is always more than happy to supply you with what we can to ensure a pleasant stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Used this hotel as a part of hen party booking, we had our cocktail making here and attended the nightclub.

The staff were fantastic couldn't be more helpful as the hen party company let me down at last minute. The venue and hotel we excellent and I would highly recommend this hotel from what I experienced. Especially Amanda, Thomas and Daniel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Siobhan M

Hi Siobhan,

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your cocktail class :-)

It was a pleasure to have you and your party here for your hen party celebrations.

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Booked due to price. 1 hour wait for room to be allocated, was told to wait in the bar so i chrcked again they moved rooms to enable me to check in Housekeeping issues meant hairs in bath, missing toiletries, tea. Saturday left room at 10 returned at 5 there had been no cleaning service provided. Room looks tired and worn. Overall price was cheaper but service was poor.

• Stayed: May 2014

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear about the issues you encountered while staying at our hotel.

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances in our housekeeping department some rooms were not ready as quickly as we like.

I have spoken with the housekeeping department and I can assure you the issues you had with your room will never occur again.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We would love you to come back and stay with us again with complimentary cocktails and room upgrade.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Down to Belfast to see friends and couldn't believe the price!! Very cheap compared to everywhere else - even the budget hotels were all over £100 -
To be honest I wasn't expecting much but very pleasantly surprised...
Clean room, bright and simple... Did exactly what it said on the tin.
Staff were very friendly and helpful too - will definitely be looking here on my next trip.
Only downside was there is no parking - so you're either in a ticket zone or up a side street!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sailor1714
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Centrally located. I would recommend a room not facing thdvfront because oc noise. We bought ameall plan fof the first night for £5 extra. I really recommend this! The food was really good. Bettef than the breakfasts. They couldn't seem to get our eggs right. Good value for the money. Internet was a bit of a psin. Our rooms were not cleaned often.When we complzindd the girl atbfrontvrecdption went up and did it herself! She did a great job! She was a gem!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends