“Budget price, budget quality”
Review of Madison's Hotel

Madison's Hotel
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The fact two dinners, two breakfasts and an overnight stay cost us around USD100 was about the only redeeming feature of this rather worn and unremarkable property. It's in a great area of Belfast (hip, multicultural, students, coffee bars etc) which is anorther plus. However the rooms stink (the drains need a damn good bleaching and clearing out!), the beds have celebrated far too many nights of activity, the TV/cable system is problematic, and the decor is so 60s. The breakfasts and dinners were adequate and fulsome (though the bar was very, very noisy). If you're looking for a cheap deal with a few meals thrown in, this works. If you're looking for a comfortable night's sleep and a clean room, forget this place now!

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the street.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
madisonshotel, Manager at Madison's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Hi Sandi,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I wanted to thank you for the time you took in sharing your comments.

I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

I can assure you that we have taken all your comments on board and are constantly working to ensure all guests are happy.

Many Thanks,

Amanda

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Hotel was nice - reception staff was ok - lacked social skills - he looked very disinterested in his job - rooms are not as advertised - the toiletries are completely different than advertisement - the room looks completely different than advertised! It was very noisy - view out the back window was into a building which could see in my room...!! It was a plan and simple hotel - I would of been happy if I knew what I was expecting so I was disappointed - I could of stayed elsewhere for less money but I was lead to believe that the rooms were nicer and the hotel was fancier - was meant to get newspaper everyday but hotel didn't even stock them!!! it was a nice basic hotel but it was advertised to be fancier. so I think that is why I am disappointed..

Room Tip: restaurant nice - staff very friendly - they have residents bar till late
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sharonlauren13

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your comments.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your room. Papers can be found in the restaurant and are also available on request at reception. I will ensure all guests are now made aware of this on check in. Thank you for bringing it to our attention :-)

I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience and I have passed your comments on to our restaurant staff :-)

We would love to have you stay with us again and I will ensure you are upgraded to a suite.

Many Thanks,

Amanda

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The big downside of this hotel was the noise. First floor room above the bar you could sing along with the tunes from the bar as if you were down there. We moved to first floor above reception just as noisy. There was not much difference between a superior and regular room. There was music all evening from the bar also live band Friday and Saturday nights. People out on the streets all night shouting screaming etc. residents trying to get back into hotel during the night would hammer on door downstairs sounded as if they were coming into your room! From early morning shops got deliveries so huge refrigerated lorries outside. All in all if you would like some sleep after a days sightseeing then probably not for you. To balance this room was clean and tidy,breakfast was okay staff need to let you know what is included though. Cocktail happy hour was excellent at £3 a drink

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just stayed in hotel everything else good apart from meal which i had paid for will not eat again i received one chicken fillet and what was supposed to be chips which i did not eat they were wedges with skin still on i cannot eat potatoes with skin on my meal was very poor my husband had great meal left feeling disappointed and hungry

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelle m
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Hotel is situated in an area of nice bars and resturants with a 2 minute walk to the local train station and 15 minutes to town or £4 in a taxi. Around £10 from the city airport.
On arrival the receptonist couldnt do enough, we booked in and when going to town she explained the best route and places to go.
The bedrooms are spacious, clean and up to date. Large beds, tea, coffee, shampoo's, no noise at night from the bar down stairs or outside.
Evening meal was included in the price, this was the only problem we had, I had steak which I asked for rare and came well done, I spoke to the waiters and it was quickly changed and was cooked perfect. Menu is varied and what we ate was good quality.
The bar has an excellent variety of cocktails and the guinness was loverly. Has a dinning area with resturant, The people in the bar area were polite and smart, not a rowdy teenage bar.
A choice of different breakfasts with local food with the cooked made to order, nicer than a buffet.
Overall this is one of belfasts secrets will be defenatly going back.

Room Tip: Deluxe value for money
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent three nights at Madison's and were well looked after and impressed by the staff and the location. I emailed ahead to say that we would be arriving before noon and although check in was 3.00pm all our rooms were ready (we had reserved 4 rooms). The rooms were spacious - we were all on the 3rd floor - but a little tired, particularly the bathrooms. The breakfasts are all cooked to individual orders and are delicious. Reception staff are helpful and the local restaurants and bars are varied and welcoming whatever your tastes. We would not hesitate to return but please supply better quality toilet roll!!

Room Tip: Bring your own toilet roll!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very friendly staff, good atmosphere, good food and best cocktail ever. They need to improve on their internet setup, went a whole day without connection, and lastly, beds needs be looked into, they are old and needs replacement. On the whole, i will consider staying again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business