“Great wedding venue”

Ivanhoe Inn and Hotel
Ranked #7 of 49 Belfast B&B and Inns
“Great wedding venue”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Just had our wedding here on 14th july,must say we had a brilliant day.Very professionaly done from start to finish . The meal was beautiful and very warm,no one was waiting for ages to be served unlike a few weddings i have been at,not bad for 120 guests. We had a party from england over who were very impressed with the hotel and the service .Everyone keeps telling us it was the best wedding they were ever at . My thanks to Paula for the professional and friendly way she dealt with our wedding . Also like to thank Paul Withers for his fantastic disco , the dance floor was never empty from first song to last . All in all a brilliant day !

7 Thank Kelly5916

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights whilst visiting family and were really pleased, so clean and comfortable.Our room was enormous and spotlessly clean. I have to say the housekeeping staff should be very proud. Staff were very keen to help out and Joanne helped us to print return flights. Ruth at breakfast was lovely and chatty making sure we felt at home.
We have stayed many times in hotels in the centre of Belfast and been disappointed with level of cleanliness and service yet paid much more than The Ivannhoe. Thanks and look forward to returning.

5 Thank louxloux
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Visited the Ivanhoe for lunch.....just fantastic! The staff who looked after us...from the 'front desk' until we left were so kind, helpful, polite.....just can't say enough about them! The Bistro was very busy (good sign!)....still loads of room though! The Dining Room was closed but the staff opened it to give my mum a little more room, as she uses a wheelchair.....this was just brilliant as it meant she didn't feel in anyone's way! I can't say enough about the Ivanhoe....except to say...visit it...soon!! Super menu...with excellent choices to suit all tastes and not expensive.

3 Thank kissy47
Eire
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed in this hotel probably half a dozen times and have just booked my next stay. For value for money it cannot be beaten. The newly re-vamped rooms at the front of the hotel are beautiful, spacious, clean and well laid out. The bathrooms are very modern, large and well supplied with towels/shampoo/bodywash, and hand cleanser. All of the staff from young to old are professional, friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a great selection of cereal, fruit, toast, and cooked breakfast menu aswell. I have eaten on an evening in the restaurant, although this was over a year ago now, I chose from a 'saver' menu and the meal was adequate in size and nice, though there was perhaps room for improvement. There is a very large car park and it takes around 10/15 mins drive into the city centre and is on a main bus route. The only negative is if you happen to get one of the 'newly refurbished' rooms and it is iver the bar/function area, it can be noisy!, not a problem if you are in the bar or function obviously but as I stay there for work it can be disruptive. One time I stayed there the man behind reception actually told me he was allocating me a quieter room as there was a function on which I thought was very thoughtful of him. The hotel is on a busy main road but I have never found traffic noise a problem as it appears to be well insulated from the road. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, hence my return time after time.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly refurbished room away from the bar.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank sjwagdomEire
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We live locally and we have regularly been to wedding receptions there which we have no complaints about and we have been going to the restaurant for years and the food is superb and not very expensive - all popular dishes offered.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Omaghgirl
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Bit out of town towards Carryduff but was ideal as I was not there to see Belfast city. Having said that buses would run frequently to town.
Room was large, bed big and very comfortable. Minor complaints was that the tv was small and on low stand. I could not find any digital channels. Then I discovered that you had to run the water in the shower about ten minutes before water is hot, this was in room 201 but those in different rooms had no bother..
Bathroom with shower in bath was spotless and had soap shower gel etc provided.
Evening meal was tasty and reasonably priced. Breakfast had grapefruit, some fresh fruit, juices, choice of cereal, and yogart to start. Then full irish fry or other cooked eggs etc. plus toast and drinks. Could not be faulted. Reception staff very pleasant and big free car park outside.
There is a bar plus sitting area around reception.

Room Tip: Others said the rooms at front had road noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Heather M
Cork
Reviewed 18 February 2012

myself and my husband stayed here for just one night. a saturday night. the hotel itself is lovely and the staff were very helpful, courteous. The food was also fine. My only problem with the place was the noise. There was a disco or party going on and it was like we were in the middle of the room with them. i did go down to reception to enquire as to what time it would be over, and while the receptionist was sympatetic, there was nothing really she could do. so my reason for writing this review is to just warn people to check with reception if there is a function on before you book . if we had had the children with us it would have been way worse. of course if you are attending a wedding or function at the hotel then it would be fine but if you are after an early night, well better to check first.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple