“Gina, Scotland”

Ivanhoe Inn and Hotel
Ranked #9 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Just had a great weekend at your hotel, 57 line dancers all there for the weekend, & not one thing to find fault with, the rooms were a great size, the staff were friendly, helpful, and very efficiant. The food was fantastic, portions were so big i could'nt finish my dinner on both nights we were there. Will definately be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Millbrook100, Manager at Ivanhoe Inn and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Thank you so much for all your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you all at The Ivanhoe Inn and Hotel and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Popped in for lunch on Saturday as we have done many times. Arrived about 12.40 to find only two other diners in the lounge!! Anyway ordered the Cheeseburger with chips and a Pensioners Special of Roast Chicken, ham, stuffing etc.

Service very good all the staff are lovely. Didn't have to wait too long. Pensioners special was small in fact it looked totally lost on the plate. Don't get me wrong there was enough on the plate but a smaller plate would have made it look more appealing though the verdict was that it was alright.

Cheeseburger not much to say really - pretty tasteless to be honest. Have to say do not like their chips anymore - bigger than normal chips and the ones I had looked too well done for my liking and tasted the same.

Have to say been going to Ivanhoe for many years but going by my last experience I won't be back. Staff are good but the poor quality of the food let it down big time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JacksBelfast
Millbrook100, Manager at Ivanhoe Inn and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate all feedback both positive and negative. It would appear that you have visited Ivanhoe on more than one occasion and have been happy with our food. We can only apologise that you did not enjoy your experience this time. We will certainly be taking your comments on board and correcting these matters which you have highlighted. Ivanhoe has been very popular with regulars and passing trade for many years and always has had a high standard of cuisine. We have recently received our award for 5 out of 5 for score on the door and take our presentation and delivery of our food very serious. Again thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and we most certainly will be addressing them.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

The reason for my stay at the Ivanhoe was for the location due to family residing nearby. To be honest, I was not expecting much for £70 per night and I was very pleasantly surprised ! The hotel room had a modern vibe in comparison to the hotel exterior. The best thing about my stay at the hotel was the bathroom facilities, there was large power shower in the bathroom, which was a nice touch. The staff were really friendly and the breakfast was good, I would most definitely stay here again !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2013

business trip one night

staff very friendly and helpful........room comfortable and clean.. staff at reception gave excellent customer service ..explained re breakfast etc "call if you need anything " ..

restaurant food delicious ..wholesome and plenty ..staff helpful and friendly

breakfast ..not huge selection but sufficient.. again staff looked after me throughout which made it all ok

would recommend and will stay there again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I am a true believer in you get what you pay for and I paid 70GBP for 1 night in this hotel, it was a breif stop before we headed to the airport and that was all I would have wanted.
The hotel is simple, relatively clean and the staff are very friendly however thats about where it stops, there is no character, the rooms are basic, not particularly comfortable and there were people screaming and shouting at 03:00, this is more of a Motel than a Hotel ok for a couple of nights if on business or a stop over but dont spend too long here it will depress even the happiest of people.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My first room had a view of the kitchen roof top complete with the on/off buzzing of an extractor fan; blood stain on one of the beds not changed despite daily housekeeping.
Breakfast on the first morning was serenaded by the chef whistling loudly in the nearby kitchen; little choice for breakfast - I had a greasy fry and stewed coffee.
Breakfast on the second morning, there was cleaning of the glass doors going on right beside me; breakfast came on a plate that had been through the dishwasher so many times the surface was scratched and rough.
I asked for a room change and was promptly given another room - that had another extractor fan right outside - seriously?! There was also the sound of dripping water, also kitchen noise of plates clattering and again chef whistling.
Internet stopped working - phoned reception and no-one picked up, tried again shortly after, the first lady on reception was good but when I phoned 2 hours later the second lady was abrupt and obviously couldn't be bothered.
Breakfast on the third morning, coffee was poured from a hot jug and got half a cup, when I asked for a refill the guy took my cup into the kitchen to refill - ?; a chef came out and instructed how the room was to be laid and that then started around me.
Reception staff do not acknowledge guests, no customer service.
I emailed reception 3 times and no response back at all.
When I went to reception to check out early and explained the above the only reaction was to print off my bill - 2 reception staff present and neither bothered to try and resolve.
Rooms are nice and modern but staff are not hotel staff, they have no idea.
No response needed from the hotel please - too late.
NITB - this cannot be a 3 star hotel.
Wish I had of read tripadvisor before I booked.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank MissBushmills
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We had a comfortable stay at the Ivanhoe. The room was spacious and neat with a good breakfast. The place is a bit far from the city centre, but has ample and free car parking. All in all, very good value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family