“Intimate venue with great atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 221 things to do in Belfast
Letterkenny, Ireland
296 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 967 helpful votes
“Intimate venue with great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I called in here on Friday for a gawk, but unfortunately the Ulster Orchestra were practicing, so I wasn't allowed to view the hall. However, I was allowed to see the rest of the magnificent building. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and I was amazed to find that one could wander around this venue, without any supervision.

So I had to call back on Saturday, when the hall was free. I had read that it's an intimate venue, and as soon as I went through the doors, I realised why. Barry McGuiggan once said that he felt that the crowd were in the ring with him, and that he loved boxing there.

The "Rats" played here before Christmas, and I'm sorry I didn't get tickets, but I'm now on the lookout for upcoming events, to soak in the atmosphere. If I was an artist, I would love to preform here. BTW, the orchestra sounded fantastic.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank letterkennycaint

Belfast
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Seen so many great bands here. Great acoustics! Best in Belfast! Love the traditional decor, it went through a revamp a few years ago but they managed to keep the character of the place. Be sure to check out the ale festival every November! An ale lovers paradise.

Visited November 2013
LIVERPOOL UK
161 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 249 helpful votes
“Great building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Have come here a couple of times for the Beer Fest in Nov, it is a great building with loads of character.

Visited November 2013
Strabane, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The amazing Boomtown Rats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Brilliant gig... Well worth waiting for, an energised, charismatic , uber duber cool Mr Geldof and co.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Marie25111965
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lunchtime Concert with The Ulster Orchestra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

My Mum and I had a lovely lunch before we saw the Ulster Orchestra in Concert.

It was a really nice way to spend a Friday afternoon.

The little cafe offers a good choice and the wonderful building has great carachter.

I would definitely eat here again.

Visited September 2013