“W5 ok but needs improvement”
Review of W5

W5
Ranked #13 of 235 things to do in Belfast
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Went here on May bank holiday with a group of 11 a combination of children and adults. Worked out £6 each paying for 10 of our group. We arrived after 11am glad we did when I saw the queue at lunchtime.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of this place I think it's tired and over rated and the biggest disappointment is the café. For a place that is geared towards children, there is little to nothing on offer to feed them. Of what there is on offer it's over priced and as far as I could see the only hot item was described as a sausage roll. To be honest it looked like the iceberg that sunk the titanic, it was rather crude looking so I did not purchase. The one good thing particularly for families are the long tables where you can have your own picnic lunch. Lockers are available on the ground floor at a cost to leave your belongings.

I think the floors could benefit from staff wandering about lending a hand to visitors to explain what's on display. There was one display on offer of a guy showing kids how to make a dinosaur from plaster cine and the kids seem to enjoy that.

I noticed a party room but I think it's rather odd and off putting to have everyone leering in at those having a party.

Kids will enjoy the place and if you bring a picnic you could probably pass the good part of a day here but I don't think it's a place to return again and again.

All reviews
"family ticket"
"all age groups"
"lots of fun"

Reviewed 3 May 2014

great place for kids to spend a few easy safe hours. we have been back about 8 times and the kids never bore of it. it is a bit of a joke to charge adults in the costs are substantial

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We went here with my daughter of 13months and the in laws on a visit to Belfast, initially sceptical of the £8 entry for adults I soon forgot about this when I saw the size and quality of the items.

My daughter of 13 months found loads to do, as did I, age 31!!

The in house coffee shop is a costa but food is reasonably priced.

I would definitely return!!

1  Thank TobyG1983
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very big and plenty for kids to do.Ideally suit children between 7 and 12 but all age groups will enjoy.Eating areas provided to bring a packed lunch