“Great location for University”

Wellington Park Hotel
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel in January while attending a conference in Queens University . It could not be in a better location for the University. Also a bus stop on the door step which brings you right into the city center. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Upon arrival I noticed my room was cold. I mentioned it to the receptionist and she told me how to adjust the heating. Went for dinner and when I returned the room was very cold. I phoned reception who promptly sent up the night manager to look. He noticed the fault and straight away said he had an upgraded room ready for me. I was very impressed with their manner and service. The next room was lovely and warm when I arrived. I will definitely be returning to this hotel on my next trip to Belfast and I have recommended it to colleagues and friends since.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 March 2013

As a native of Belfast and as someone who has been to many functions in and around the City, when it came to hosting a function myself I was very well placed when it came to deciding where to host my event... However, the decision ultimately came down to price and, in spite of not having actually been to a function in the Wellington Park Hotel, the price and location of the Hotel suited my needs perfectly. The former of the two was more than reasonable for a Saturday night function.

In the run-up to the event the function manager (Clare Smyth) was a pleasure to work with; friendly, helpful and patient. The event itself went as smoothly as any event I have been to (which was a relief), the staff working the function were excellent (at my table at least), as was the supervisor on the night. The menu was impressive and deciding which dishes should be served at the event was difficult but what we chose was superb - definitely one of the nicest meals I have had at such a function, which is even more impressive considering there were in excess of 170 guests on the night. The bar was well stocked and Clare arranged for a few drinks offers to run on the night, which was much appreciated especially given the event was on a Saturday night.

All in all, a top event and I would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel as a top notch venue for hosting functions.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel has an excellent position, next to the University. The rooms are clean and attractive, but the overall feeling of the hotel is functional, rather than exciting. The breakfast was very dull. The fruit was tired, the pastries basic, and there was no-one available to cook bespoke items like poached egg (which is usually the case in this type of business hotel).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We organised a dinner for about 50 people at the Wellington Park Hotel at the beginning of March as part of a conference taking place at Queen's. The dinner was a huge success and everyone who attended had a really enjoyable evening. The food is wonderful and the rates are very reasonable, it's very good value for money. Moreover, the staff at the hotel are fantastic, they're extremely helpful and very friendly. They really went out of their way to help us organise the evening and to make sure everything went smoothly on the actual night. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone who is planning a similar event.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were extremely disappointed with the allocated room during a recent stay in this hotel. Our room was on the 4th floor and was very small. The decor was very drab and the bathroom needed a facelift. The noise from the fan in the bathroom sounded like an aircraft taking off and this was activated every time the bathroom light was turned on. When we made these comments to reception when checking out we were informed that the 4th floor had not yet been refurbished, yet we had paid full price for this room and had not been told this when we checked in!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for your comments. You will already be aware that rooms are undergoing staged refurbishment and the entire hotel stock will shortly be completed. Rooms are allocated on the basis of arrival or, if a guest has a particular preference, which,in your case, was the highest (4th) floor.
The new rooms are stylish yet still feature lots of comfort - feather duvets and pillows, free wifi, hospitality tray etc. We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Helen

Reviewed 12 March 2013

On Saturday 9 march I had my hen party at wellie park , it was £19.50 for 3 course meal cocktail on arrival an tee-shirt. The staff let my daughter go down a few hours before and decorate the VIP section of restaurant , on arrival the cocktails were on the tables and right from the start the staff were very attentive nothing was so much trouble .

There was 4 starters , 4 mains ( steak being one of them and no extra was charged for the steak ) and 4 desserts all the food was excelliant there was 28 of us and everyone loved the food which is no mean feet to please everyone .

The staff throughout we're great , the food was fab and as an older bride afterwards had the best of both worlds with disco one side for the younger ones and group in the Lounge area .

All I can say is THANK YOU wellie park for giving me a fab night :)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Took my mum out today to the Wellington Park Hotel for Mother's Day. As we all know Mother's Day in hotels can be hit or miss but today was a big hit. The food was superb (both in terms of variety and quality), the service was excellent and overall was very good value for money. I highly recommend the Wellington Park as a family friendly location for Sunday lunch, or indeed any occasion. If you are visiting Belfast this is a must!

• Stayed: March 2013