“Very nice”

Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Another night out in Belfast that required an overnight stay. Friend booked the Wellington Park not realising it was a taxi ride from city centre. That said very clean and comfortable and very friendly and helpful staff. Would happily stay again if required.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Killyleagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed for two nights at the hotel over the easter weekend and it was very comfortable. The room had been restyled since I last stayed and it was modern, very warm and homely. I ordered from the room service menu twice and on both occasions, the food was fresh and at my door within 10 minutes. The staff were friendly and made my stay very comfortable. The hotel was close to the shaftesbury square and the dublin road areas for restaurants and pubs which I visited. Good hotel for a weekend break!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Ahtead, Surrey
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My wife and I were speakers at a conference in the hotel on 29 March 2013 and stayed in the hotel on the nights of 28 and 29. The conference ran very smoothly and anything we needed was immediately provided by the very polite staff. The IT equipment worked very well including the two large screens on which our slides were displayed. The lunch and refreshments were provided on time and were most enjoyable. Our room was very comfortable and the breakfasts and dinners were delicious. The hotel arranged a taxi to take us to the airport in good time to catch our return flight to London. As we were leaving, we could not find our hearing aids and had to go without them. However, the staff very kindly searched and found them and sent them to our home immediately, much to our relief. We congratulate Malachy Toner, the General Manager, and his enthusiastic team for making our time Belfast so pleasant and memorable. We recommend the hotel as a fine place in which to stay and have a conference. Bernard Reed OBE.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Without exception all the staff were fantastic, so helpful and couldn't have been nicer. Having been stranded in Belfast due to the weather, we were so glad to stay in such a lovely hotel. Clean & comfortable rooms and a really nice meal that night. Even when the restaurant later closed, the staff were more than happy to provide sandwiches to fellow strandees! With a deal that included free parking, wifi and breakfast, a gem of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
England
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed in this hotel recently and had a most enjoyable stay. Only dined in the hotel one evening but it was fantastic - great service and the food wonderful. Breakfast was good each day with a wide choice.

Large Bar area with reasonably priced drinks and the location of this hotel is great for the City Centre and University.

A few small issues with room eg shower kept cutting out and the room was very dark.

Overall a most enjoyable stay and would certainly recommend and stay again if needed.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel overlookign the car park and was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cork
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel in January while attending a conference in Queens University . It could not be in a better location for the University. Also a bus stop on the door step which brings you right into the city center. Very friendly and helpful staff.
Upon arrival I noticed my room was cold. I mentioned it to the receptionist and she told me how to adjust the heating. Went for dinner and when I returned the room was very cold. I phoned reception who promptly sent up the night manager to look. He noticed the fault and straight away said he had an upgraded room ready for me. I was very impressed with their manner and service. The next room was lovely and warm when I arrived. I will definitely be returning to this hotel on my next trip to Belfast and I have recommended it to colleagues and friends since.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2013

As a native of Belfast and as someone who has been to many functions in and around the City, when it came to hosting a function myself I was very well placed when it came to deciding where to host my event... However, the decision ultimately came down to price and, in spite of not having actually been to a function in the Wellington Park Hotel, the price and location of the Hotel suited my needs perfectly. The former of the two was more than reasonable for a Saturday night function.

In the run-up to the event the function manager (Clare Smyth) was a pleasure to work with; friendly, helpful and patient. The event itself went as smoothly as any event I have been to (which was a relief), the staff working the function were excellent (at my table at least), as was the supervisor on the night. The menu was impressive and deciding which dishes should be served at the event was difficult but what we chose was superb - definitely one of the nicest meals I have had at such a function, which is even more impressive considering there were in excess of 170 guests on the night. The bar was well stocked and Clare arranged for a few drinks offers to run on the night, which was much appreciated especially given the event was on a Saturday night.

All in all, a top event and I would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel as a top notch venue for hosting functions.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business