“Excellent for conferences”

Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast
“Excellent for conferences”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked 3 conferences with Clare this year, it's the first time we have used the facilities at the Wellington Park and we will definately be booking again. Clare was on hand to help with anything we needed. We had excellent feedback from clients who attended the seminars.

The staff where very helpful and the food was fantasic. The room was also layed out exactly how we needed it.

Clare managed to get us free parking for our delegates which was great especially in City Centre Belfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great conference venue, staff very helpful and good value for money, we will be back! Good size function rooms and great food. We had to make many changes to our bookings and nothing was a problem - thank you.

Kells, Ballymena united Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

a group of us booked into this hotel on 12th October, I say a group it was 3 girls out for dinner and a few drinks, on arrival to the hotel we paid for our room by debit card then we were asked for a £50 refundable deposit which we were not aware of, we questioned the lady behind reception and to be fair it did say she was in training so it was not her fault she couldn't explain why the £50 had to be paid, she very quickly went and got another member of staff who did not explain it , who then said he would get the manager, well lets just say that's were the fun begins. I am in my 40s and in all my life I have never been spoken to or treated like that, he was the ruddest man I have ever had a conversation with, he was being very rude and trying to tell me about all hotels had this policy about a £50 deposit even when you were paying by credit or debit card which I might add is not true, what he did not realise was that I have been in the hotel industry since I was 17 years old , when I mad him aware of this he quickly changed his tune and said he had other people to deal with who were obviously more important to him , than a group of ladies. NEVER AGAIN will I book into this hotel and I will be putting in a complaint about the way this ignorant man who is suppose to set a good example for the Mooney Group has totally set the standard of the hotel to 0

My Advice DO NOT BOOK

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda G

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

ballymena co.antrim United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

booked this hotel for myself and two friends,for what we hoped would be a pleasant stay but unfortunately from the moment we arrived we were greeted by unhelpfull staff and not pleasant at all. we were asked for a further £50 charge for the room that was refundable in the morning ! as this was not advertised on their website when i booked i questioned it to be told the general manager would come and explain it.We were then greeted by a most unpleasant unhelpful man. who told us this was most hotel policies! as myself have stayed in many hotels in belfast i knew this was incorrect .This man had no customer service qualities watsoever , as i had paid the bill upfront and the extra £50 we decided to cut our loses , got our money back and went to the days inn hotel which i can honestly say was the right decision. Would not recommend the wellington park to anyone ...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Deborah C
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I booked this venue for our annual girls football awards night, which we held in the Wellington Park Hotel on Saturday 5th October 13.

I can only say from the first initial phone-call with the Events and Conference organizer Claire, she could not have been of anymore help to our organisation.

The Awards night was amazing and that is down to all staff involved as they helped in anyway they could, the location was perfect, the staff very friendly and helpful, the hotel was spotless and the food was delicious.

I just want to say if you are looking to book an event, conference or Wedding this is perfect!!!!

Again thank you from everyone in the NIWFA/CONCENTRIX and from all the girls from all over the country within football, we thank you for hosting an AMAZING Awards Night.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Booked the hotel for a post-baptism family gathering. Location for us was ideal and the price was very competitive. It was a small family gathering of about 30 people and the hotel supplied scones, tea, coffee and tray bakes - all of good quality. Staff were attentive and happy to fulfil any last minute requests. The price was kept competitive as there was no room hire - we were placed in the VIP area and whilst it was good to keep the cost down, I believe the area was on the small side for the number of people present. I would consider using the hotel again for a similar gathering, however only if it were for a smaller number of people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed in the wellington last night. Very disapointed. 1st room was so dated, with carpets that obviously have not been changed since the smoking ban came in as there were burns on it, aswell as other stains. How can a double be a double if there is no double bed??? And the bed that was there had a huge dip in the matress. 2nd room, same drab decor, boring and nothing matched!! worst rooms ever! I normally book cheap hotels but thought as an anniversary treat for my husband id get something more special!! how wrong was i! breakfast and cocktails very good!

• Stayed September 2013