All reviews queens university city centre malone road lounge area ulster museum botanic gardens hen party great night from start to finish wellies conference wedding disco gerry pubs foyer
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Paid two business rooms in full on arrival, did not wish to book any extras as we were not eating or drinking in the hotel. Receptionist insisted she wanted an extra £40 in the event that we caused "any damage"! Great way to treat business guests! Also, bedrooms are very outdated and cleanliness of en suite was not good!

Room tip: Much better hotels in the centre of Belfast, pity as the city is vibrant
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry that it didn't meet with your expectations. We take all reviews very seriously and I can assure you that action has been taken regarding the standard of your room.
We have reviewed our policy of requesting a deposit from cash paying guests. I hope that you will re-consider your decision and contact me personally when you are next in Belfast.

Yours sincerely,
Malachy Toner

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed with my daughter on Sunday 23/11/13. An unforeseen delay caused us to spend another night in Belfast and we had no room booked. The manager Malachy Toner could not have been more helpful. He and his staff went beyond the call of duty by helping us, making calls and sending e-mails sorting out our dilemma. Booking us in early and providing us with tea and coffee while in the lobby. They turned an extremely stressful morning around for us.

I could not fault this hotel or staff. Clean comfortable room, Food great.I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked this hotel because it was on a suggested list and I have very much regretted it. My room was awful: dirty (the curtains were dark grey with dirt), with furniture that looked as if it had come from a tip (lots of marks and not matching) and the bed had a thin and lumpy mattress. The décor was c 1980, and so was everything in the room. I really did not want to stay there and staff were incredibly patronising and unhelpful. Breakfast was plentiful, but all pretty cheap. I hate those toaster machines - especially when there are lots of others who are trying to do the same. Most don't get it and you inevitably queue for hours to get some toast. I expect more from an alleged 4 star hotel. This place seems to be popular with coach parties and since there is a smoking ban they seem to congregate outside until the small hours.
Belfast is a vibrant and lovely place and deserves so much better.

Date of stay: October 2013
2  Thank Northernlassie
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Had a wonderful Gala Evening hosted by the Wellington Park Hotel on Friday 15th November 2013. Venue, food and staff was exceptional on the night! I would highly recommend this venue for other companies to use. Well done to all the staff we had a delightful evening!

St.Gerard's School (Belfast)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

stayed here for 1 night on 15/11/13. not impressed at all. bedroom was right beside the lift so there was a fair bit of traffic passing by. the bathroom was uncomfortably small. knees practically touched the wall opposite. toilet roll holder awkwardly placed. very little in the way of toiletries. view from bedroom was on to a rundown area at the rear of the hotel. hairdryer, kettle and tea and coffee in the room although no biscuits or other small touches. check in / check out was unimpressive. breakfast was ok, iv had much better. we werent offered tea or coffee and had to ask for this ourselves. parking available at a cost of £5 per day. not a hotel i would return to although well placed in a popular area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple