All reviews queens university city centre malone road lounge area ulster museum botanic gardens hen party great night from start to finish wellies conference wedding disco gerry pubs foyer
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Well - I stay regularly stay in hotels across the UK for business (weekly) and pleasure. This is the first time ever I've felt compelled to put comments on a website such as this. I was appalled by the bedroom standard and the customer service (in particular the Manager - Malacy). A group of 11 travelled to Belfast two weeks ago on our annual reunion. When I first saw the bedroom, I thought it was some kind of joke being played on me! It was less inviting than a Travelodge bedroom. The walls were all white with no pictures, old curtains and an awful standalone pine table that looked like it had come from a charity shop. No armchair, No drawers and a few cheap plastic hangers for your clothes. Just all badly in need of a refurbishment. It felt like a Psychiatric room

We called the Manager and rather than admit that it was sub standard, did a great job of making excuses - including telling me that its what you get when you book a £60 room! I retorted that it was actually 2 nights at £79 and he replied that the Booking Agency get 20% of the booking (like that is my problem as the end customer). In fairness, he offered to move us to another floor where the rooms were far better but as we were with 9 others all on the same floor, it wouldnt be pratical for us to be going floor to floor during the 2 days - so we decided to stick it out. I did expect some kind of recompense (even free breakfast) but he said that was not possible and offered to get us a drink on the house! Which was far from compensation or acceptable especially as I dont drink.

Admittedly the meal i had on Friday evening was lovely except that price changed from me asking beforehand, to the bill arriving. The waiter then said that it had gone up recently to which I replied "what in the last one hour?". The difference was however deducted when I complained on checking out. Lastly, the breakfast that I paid for on Sunday was poor. Asked for a cheese, tomato and onion omellette. When it arrived, it was just cheese and onion so the waiter took it back. When it returned, it was the same omellette just with uncooked chopped tomatoes in the middle and flipped over. Emmm...Flawty Towers or what!

When I returned to London, I was still a bit pivved so called them. A new Duty Manager was far more understanding and apologetic but then went off to speak to Malacy and came back to say that we were offered an alternative room so there's not much they can do! He said that he would take it up again with Malacy but not heard everything in 2 weeks - hence my comments here. I for one would never wish to stay there again when there are so many choices and far better service available elsewhere.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Errol C
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel while we were visiting our daughter who is studying abroad at Stranmillis University. Good location to the school (about 20 minute walk) and about 35-40 minute walk from City Centre and Victoria Square. Hotel staff was very nice and accomodating. Just like other European hotels most rooms come with single beds so if you need more beds you need to be specific when you make your reservation. Free Internet after you enter your daily code. Nice lounge area for drinks and meals. Hotel is on Malone Road about a half hour from Belfast International Airport. Room are small but well appointed. Nothing fancy but great value for the money. Would definitely stay again if visiting Belfast

Room tip: Since room and beds are small, you will need a separate bed for all in your room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We have just had our staff Christmas function at the Wellington Park Hotel. The staff were very attentive and welcoming. The food was excellent, especially considering how many covers would have been served that day throughout the hotel. We all then had some wild craic at the disco.
A personal thank you should also go to the Conference and Banqueting Co-Ordinator, Clare Smyth, who sought to accommodate us at every turn. She is a credit to the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stay here whenever working in Belfast, get good rates from the internet and worth the extra disctance from the city centre. Rooms are good, clean and well appointed and the location suits us for the facilities available nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

On Saturday 7th 20013 we were booked n to have are Christmas dinner for 7.30pm well we didn't receive are starters until 9.30 & after that we received no dinner or desert they told us they had over booked there was a lot of others in big groups never got as well. It was not cheap £40 & booked months ago we are so disappointed & not even as much as a sorry at the minute we are waiting on them tuning back to see if they are goin to reimburse us it's been the worst Christmas dinner yet we have went to & will never book again we couldn't even understand the staff they were all foreign so it was just like banging ur head against a brick wall so be aware of this if u have booked with them.

Date of stay: December 2013
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Lusheslinda,
Your review is full of inaccuracies and to be fair, very misleading. Firstly, it is untrue to state that your group didn't get a starter since all starters were on the tables prior to arrival. Soup was served shortly afterwards and the main course from 9.00pm. Dessert, coffee and mints followed and the room cleared quickly so that the live music could commence at 10.00pm. You are obviosly not aware that we spoke the group organiser and are continuing discussions with her as arranged on the evening as part of our apology for any delay that may have occured.

Yours sincerely,