“Beautiful meal again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yum

Yum
Ranked #80 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Beautiful meal again”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

R 4th time here, 1stly the staff couldn't do enuf for us, r table was ready waitin on us, we had 3 courses for £14:95, each course was really beautiful & very tasty & ample portions, starters wer amazing I had the teriyaki beef with noodles as a starter my date had chicken, we both had steak for main & it was perfectly cooked, desserts wer so yummy, I had chocolate fudge cake with ice cream & my lady friend had the cheesecake thoroughly enjoyable, I had saw a few reviews regarding the staff here, each & every 1 of them treated us so well, they couldn't do enuf for us, & were very pleasant, helpful & they all appeared happy with beautiful smiles each time they spoke to us. Someone had commented on how cold it was in here, in another review, my lady friend had felt cold & we had asked to b moved, however the young lass immediately stated that it was the air conditioning & quickly turned it off, which meant we could stay wer we where. I also heard the way the staff spoke to others dining & they r so helpful & really well mannered, there are only 2 Restaurants we'd visit regularly & this is 1 of them, others we simply haven't returned back. So I'm not misleading anyone there is a £5 supplement charge for the steak, as per any other venue in Belfast which has £3-£5 charges for a steak dish, small extra for perfectly cooked sirloin. So to the staff & chef I personally thank you so much for making my date perfect, a good start to my evening with her. Highly recommend & will b back for sure.

1 Thank Notsowee
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello Notsowee thank you for writing such thoughtful and kind words on your visit to Yum. It's always great to hear a review by someone who has eaten here before. Great to see you comment on how good the staff were as I know they all work really hard to ensure you feel comfortable and relaxed and enjoy your time at Yum. I'm really glad that both you and your partner thought the food was beautiful. It's always great to hear people finishing of by saying " highly recommend and will definitely be back for sure" this really means a lot to me and all my staff.
Again Notsowee thank you so much for taking your time out to give Yum such an excellent review and I really look forward to seeing you and your lovely partner back at Yum again real soon!
Take care and I hope you have a wonderful day!

UK
“Poor”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

30 mins waiting for starters
Fairly cold in restaurant.
Food quality quite poor - 1) undercooked virtually inedible noodles, 2) whipped cream instead of sour cream with chicken wings with no apology from waiting staff when mentioned.
Table legs bent so table see-sawed the entire meal.
Would not go back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ronaldo76
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello Ronaldo thank you for taking the time to write a review on Yum. Firstly you said you had to wait 30 mins on you starters, this should never be the case and I apologise. You then mentioned that the restaurant was cold I can't understand this as we are in the middle of May. Next you said that the noodles were under cooked, we pre cook all our noodles for 6 minutes which makes our noodles perfect for stir frys so this I can't understand. You then complained that you got whipped cream instead of sour cream with your chicken wings when in actual fact our wings are served with a blue cheese dip not sour cream as you've mentioned. Your last complaint was that the table legs were bent , all our table legs are made of cast iron which makes me wonder how the table legs were bent. Sometimes with having a wooden floor parts of it may not be perfectly level but our tables have adjusters on them to make sure as you said they don't see-saw.
Ronaldo I take every review and comment about my restaurant very seriously and I always answer them as honest as I can. It's just some of the comments you have made for example the restaurant being cold in the middle of May and the cast iron table legs being bent confuse me.
Please feel free to contact me at the restaurant on 02890668020 To explain your comments in more detail.
Take care and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“lunch”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

went for lunch today, got the bbq steak with house sauce in pitta bread and chips. it was £7.95. wee bit scarce on the meat and the pitta bread was a bit hard. low on the sauce content also. other than that, it was very nice.

• Visited May 2014
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello Terry, thank you for taking the time out to write a review of Yum. I see you had our bbq beef brisket with pitta bread. I see you thought that it was a wee bit scarce on the meat and that the pitta was hard and a bit low on the sauce. We give an 8oz portion of beef in all our pittas and all pittas are heated fresh to order so I will have to look into your comments. Glad to hear you finish by saying that it was very nice though. Terry I hope to see you back at yum again real soon if your having the same meal just ask you server for extra sauce.
Again Terry thank you so much for your comments , I will take everything you said on board and look forward to seeing you again.
I hope you have a great day.
Belfast
“Very nice lunch”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was going for lunch with a couple of friends and we decided to go to Yum. The decor is ok - clean and not particularly upmarket. Then again they do two courses at lunchtime for £8 so what do you expect?
Two of us had deep fried brie for starters and the other had chicken. We all thought that starters were good. For main I had goats' cheese salad - very tasty and plenty of it. One of my friends had chicken curry and chips (hey - eat what you want!). This was dark but once again she said it was good. My other friend had some chicken which he liked.
We each had a glass of wine, which adds £2 each at lunchtime.
Overall we thought it was tasty and very good value indeed. Very much casual dining but they do what they do well, so I would recommend it.
I have been before with a vegan friend and know that if you call in advance they will cater for vegans.

• Visited April 2014
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi DeeJayDee,thank you for the great review. I see you took advantage of our fantastic 2 course lunch offer. I'm really pleased to hear that you and your friends really enjoyed your experience at Yum and I look forward to seeing you all back again sooner rather than later. Again DeeJayDee thank you very much for taking your time out to write such kind words about Yum.
Take care and have a wonderful day!!

Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

There were 12 of us at yum 3 weeks ago, the food was amazing and the staff so attentive to everyone of us, they were also so pleasant. The menu was great even for 1 of our party who is vegetarian, she couldn't believe the choice. We will all Definetly be back. Thankyou so much

• Visited April 2014
Tpta1, Owner at Yum, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hi Liz thank you for the kind and thoughtful words you wrote on your visit to Yum. It's great to hear that all 12 of your party were more than happy with both the food and service as my staff work really hard to make this possible. I'm glad your vegetarian friend enjoyed her meal as we try our best to meet the needs of all our customers whether it be vegetarian , vegan ,gluten free etc and are more than happy to do so. You finished by saying you'll definitely be back, always great to hear!!
Again Liz thank you so much for the lovely review and I look forward to seeing you and your good friends back at Yum again sooner rather than later!!
Take care and have a lovely day!!