“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Description: Darcy's of Belfast is a family-run restaurant offering quality traditional food made with the most local of ingredients. We are situated in the heart of Belfast and our classic, traditional interior is as characteristic of the city as you will find anywhere else. Our reputation speaks for itself - the finest produce from local farmers and suppliers, prepared with traditional cooking methods to make sure every meal is an experience to remember. As Belfast as it gets.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Recently ate here table for four. Food was delicious and good size portions,would recommend the raspberry ruffle cheesecake! Reasonable priced £30 each starters mains deserts coffee& wine. Staff were great craic and good atmosphere. Would recommen to others.

3  Thank loulouok

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Went here with my parents on a bank holiday Monday - a lot of places were closed, but Darcy's was open and we arrived just in time to take advantage of the £7.77 before 7pm menu. I also had a glass of the house red wine for £2, which was another special and a great value for a pretty decent glass of red.

The waitstaff were friendly and engaging, and the atmosphere was better than I expected - it may look a bit dingy from the outside (and Bradbury Place isn't exactly the height of style) but it is warm and cozy on the inside. I had the steak ciabatta which was fab - I tend to be wary of steak strips as I like my meat quite rare, but the steak was very tender and the pepper sauce was lovely (especially all soaked into the squidgy ciabatta!). My parents enjoyed their meals as well - a vegetable and goats cheese tart for mum and steak & bushmills pie for dad. Three very happy customers indeed! :)

2  Thank eagle_expat
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Had some family to visit from London and booked a table for 8. Circumstances meant that there were only 4 of us in the end but this information was met by the staff with the minimum of fuss and a very quick reshuffle of tables. I have eaten here before both with friends and my boyfriend and also visitors to Belfast and never been disappointed. This evening was no exception. The staff are welcoming and knowledgeable about the food and are happy to make personal recommendations if you can't decide. There was a fab offer on a bottle of very inoffensive wine which we took advantage of too. I chose the pate to start which was delicious, our table also had the sofa bread with garlic and cheese and the deep fried Brie. The lack of conversation during the starter was testament to its deliciousness! All of us had different mains. I had the steak sandwich in ciabatta which was plentiful and very tasty and I was glad with my choice. Other mains included the fish and chips, roast beef and the server suggestion of home made chicken and ham pie. Although the plates were full of food there wasn't a lot left and everyone tasted everyone else's and everything tasted was equally well cooked and presented. Dessert is always gorgeous and the raspberry ruffle cheesecake is exceptional as is the pavlova and also ( as I was reliably informed) the devils chocolate cake!

The bill was a pleasant surprise at little over £20 per head for 3 courses and wine but my main compliments are to the wonderful serving staff who are friendly and really helpful and funny without being overbearing and in your face.

In summary. Fab food. Fab staff. Reasonably priced. Great location. What's not to like? I would recommend this consistent and charming restaurant to anyone with just one small warning... Watch your waistline as it's impossible to say no to a dessert !!!

3  Thank Sarah Winter P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We really enjoyed this little pub! Came recommended to us by locals and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit there! Prices were good - quality was great! Very authentic Irish pub food!

2  Thank Gail5526
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Darcy's another beut meal

Beef stack mmmmmm 1/2 chicken
Meal , 2 mains £22 very very tasty

Wud thoroughly recommend it and will be back

2  Thank bigmacAntrim