“Bar”

Ranked #216 of 1,196 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic bar. Amazing atmosphere, beautiful art work and great beer, whisky & gin. The owner John is so friendly and knows his whisky. If you are in Belfast and like a drink you have to make a visit to bittles bar

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Small ambiente because it is a very narrow house in downtown Belfast. Different, we where curious and it was worth to take a look into. What is striking there: after having the cab tour on the same day, it looked to us that many famous people of the inner-conflict have been perpetuated here. And as well the Titanic captain.
We recognized that many native people are populating this bar. What is nice. Nice talks. Different. However it smelled strange all the time. We couldn't find out why. Drinks and services are all okay.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

What can I Say?
My experience was beyond amazing.
I work for a small telecommunications company and was out on my lunch break when I stumbled across this place.
I was immediately welcomed by the barman (who turned out to be Mr J Bittles himself!) and i was encouraged to look at the fine selection of draught beers he had currently, both local and bespoke craft in variety.
There was a heavy German presence in the bar as there was international football in Belfast the following night.
Needless to say, I daren't mention the war!
I found myself in the company of several employees of the same telecoms company (didn't know we had an office here!) and enjoyed the tales of good times gone by as provided by the 30+ years service chaps.
I commented on the German language being spoken and I was advised that the bar was a haven, or an oasis for people of all cultures and faiths.
As a liberal leftist I knew I was in good company.
Product Range- Fantastic
Customer Service- Fantastic
WORTH A VISIT!

1  Thank Kris S
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Contrary to what some locals told us the patrons were very nice to starngers. Interesting place with a good selection beers.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Called in for a quick drink on a Friday afternoon. It was a very pleasant atmosphere with plenty of interesting art and objects around the pub. The person behind the bar kept popping out to make sure the tables were kept clean as people left. It didn't look like the pub served any food but we were quite happy to sit down with a beer. Nice!