“Highly recommended”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2011

A visit to the US Consulate meant an overnight stay in Belfast. The Old Rectory is only a 10/15 minute walk from the consulate and a short bus ride to the city centre. Despite having checked out in the morning the proprietors kindly allowed me to leave my bag with them while I visited the consulate. This was very helpful as car keys, mobiles, bags etc are not allowed past security at the consulate. The room was clean and the food excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank davidslindsay

Reviewed 23 June 2011

What a lovely comfortable guesthouse. All the comforts and amenities that make you feel right at home. Delicious breakfasts; friendly, helpful hosts and staff; charming nieghborhood; an easy walk or short bus ride into the city centre. I hope to come back with my family.

Room Tip: Rooms in rear won't have street traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank webeez
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We have stayed many times at The Old Rectory, Belfast and on each occasion have been delighted with the accommodation, the superb meals and the friendliness of the owners and staff. As former Belfast residents ourselves, we can vouch for its ideal location with easy access to the city centre by car or bus and with private parking facilities at no extra charge. The WiFi internet access is also an added bonus. As world wide travellers we regard The Old Rectory as providing exceptional accommodation, delicious breakfasts, and an outstanding value for money. It is a gem!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jfGeddes
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Very kind contact while booking phase. So I was not surprised that only cash is accepted. Late arrival was no problem.
We had a lovely room and a very good breakfast. Very friendly support by the hosts for any questions.
Old Rectory House is placed not too far from Belfast City Center, approx. half an hour footwalk. Some points of interest en route, e.g. botanical garden, University.
Only thing to mention could be the slightly increased price, compared to other B&B's.
Anyway, for us it was worth it, finally.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I usually stay in one of the budget chain hotels or get a special deal at a 4 star but a friend advised me to try the Old Rectory and it beats the lot! Lovely area, lovely rooms good break fasts, first class service and comfortable beyond belief. If I'm in Belfast again, this will certainly be where I stay. It's just a pity the owners don't run a chain of similar places.
Unbeatable at less than £60 for B and B, with hot early evening snack included. This is served in your room. All the usual tea/coffee facilities but fresh milk, none of this carton stuff. Wonderful.

Room Tip: All best rooms so no tips, evening snack served m
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Excellent stay. The room was very cosy. Breakfast was excellent with a personal touch. Mary was very helpful and provided us with loads of information and recommendations on our first visit to Belfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I stayed at The Old Rectory because it was the closes to the US Consulate which is literally a 10-15 minute walk, which was the reason for my trip. The place was very clean and booking was very easily done over the phone. The room was very nice and clean as was the bathroom which was adjacent to my room but was only for my use. Buses run from the main road into the city center and very easy to get to. Service was very welcoming and they held onto my belongings in the morning when i went to the US Consulate for my visa. Would recomend this place 100%. Thanks Mary!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business