“Great base for Belfast and beyond”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We highly recommend this guesthouse. It was our first time to Northern Ireland and staying at the Old Rectory was one of the major reasons our family enjoyed Belfast so much. Located in a quiet neighborhood just south of the city center, it is especially well-located if you're driving since the M1 highway is just a few minutes away which we found convenient when we drove out to see Giant's Causeway. But the bus going into the city center also stops right in front, which makes it very easy to leave the car behind for the day if you wish. Mary and Gerry are lovely hosts and gave us many helpful recommendations during our stay. Their breakfast is top notch (My wife thought the porridge was marvelous) and gave us a great start to our days. And after our long activity-filled days, it was wonderful being able to return and rest in their comfortable rooms. Even though it was November, by the end of our three night stay, our school-aged daughters were sorry to be leaving Belfast and the Old Rectory and have told everyone they hope to return someday soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have just stayed in An Old Rectory for three weeks while I attended courses at Queens University and I have enjoyed every minute. Mary and Gerry are very friendly and considerate hosts. During my stay they gave good advice on practialities as well as trip in the area. The room, I stayed in, was spacious and clean with good beds and nice furniture. For a long stay it was a perfect blend of nice rooms, good food, relaxed atmosphere and high quality.

The breakfast is wonderful - and with so many different possibilities to choose from that I praised I had three weeks to try it all. Especially the homemade wheatenbread was my favourit. In the evening it is possible to dine in the guesthouse - and the meals I had were all very delicious. Gerry is a experienced cook - and you can taste that!

The house itself is well situated in for public transport with the bus - and also only half an hours walk from either the university or the river Lagan and the green meadows and walking paths there. A minor problem is that the road is heavy trafficed. It does give some noise in the evening and night when the window is open.

But - whenever I might be back in Belfast I will certainly stay here. I also experienced several regulars during my visit. An Old Rectory is a place people return to.

Ulla Poulsen, Denmark

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ulla P
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here with our teenage daughter, to attend a family party in Belfast. Both rooms were great, and the place is very welcoming, and the owners very helpful. Breakfast is especially recommended!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were in Belfast for a family occasion and family from various parts of England and Dublin chose to stay here as it was very close to our aunt of 92 years of age . In total we booked 5 rooms.
What can I say, its all been said before, this is a SUPERB guesthouse, in fact its more like a top market hotel.
The rooms were immaculate , clean and beautifuly furnished and decorated. On each floor there was a fridge with fresh milk and filtered water in them.
The breakfasts were amazing and cooked to order with plenty of choice .
All staff were extremely polite and very friendly.
A HUGE thankyou to Mary who made us most welcome at what was a very sad time for us as a family.
WE WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jkmcdonald
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Booked for one night wished it had been a Fortnight. Everything nice thing said about this place is true. The room, bed, food , price and not forgetting the owner and staff Brilliant.
Will make a point of staying there again. Thanks again Mary for letting me of £3 as I had run out of ready cash.
George Brown

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed for one night recently and was well impressed by service and facilities. Safe area where I was able to walk to the bar on the Lisburn Road where I met friends. Went for the Omlette version of the Ulster Fry and it was superb. Will definitely be my first port of call the next time I need accommodation in Belfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I are both from Northern Ireland and stayed here on a whim. This is the perfect way to experience our country's hospitality and warmth, is located in one of the city's leafiest suburbs, and the food was outstanding too.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple