“Fab place to stay!!”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while in Belfast for work. What a fabulous little place! The rooms were lovely and breakfast amazing. It had a quirky feel to it but felt luxurious at the same time. Good location too. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank toffeegirlie

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Myself and three colleagues from the Pymouth College of Art stayed at the Old Rectory earlier in the month of March 2014 whilst attending an education fair in the area. We were all so impressed with our accommodation, the warm friendly reception which was afford by Mary and her family and of course the wonderful breakfast and super comfortable rooms. We intend to make the Belfast education fair an annual event and The Old Rectory will be our first port of call. Truly a wonderful place to stay.
Alan Lemin
Cornwall UK

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan L
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Excellent accommodation and wonderful food. This B&B was so comfortable and it ticked all the boxes for me. The Callan family were so welcoming and I would happily stay again. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Visited for a long weekend in October with my mother. Mary made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The rooms were comfortable and beautifully kept and the breakfasts simpy impossible to fault. The Old Rectory is a couple of miles south of the city centre in leafy suburb near Queens University. There are some nice restaurants and bars nearby. Would definitely stay here again. Much nicer than a city centre hotel and better value to boot. Happy to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob E
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed over night in the Old Rectory on 27th February. It a superb place,, Warm welcome from Mary and such kindness .The breakfast was first class .I stayed as it was near the Ulster Independent Clinic ,honestly within walking distance approx. 5-10 mins away and 2 mins by car!!!!
Mary kindly gave me directions which were concise and easy to foillow.
Room warm and comfortable with fresh water and milk in fridge on corridor just outside.I had travelled from early morning and even a hot water bottle was on my bed should I need it!!!
Overall I could only rate this family home as superb.I felt safe comfortable and secure staying here alone .I can only recommend it in every way and I would stay there again should the need arise without any hesitation.

Room Tip: my room was perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank siobhan m
Reviewed 15 February 2014

travelled in December. Stayed in Belfast before travelling to North coast. This place had good reviews and thought give it ago and was glad we did. Very warm welcome and the ground floor room had an open fireplace which was lit for us upon our return from shopping in Belfast. Nice and cosy room. Location may not suit all people wanting to walk into town but if your up for a good brisk walk into city then ideal location. Breakfast was fine nothing special plain cooking. Only down side was having to place your order the night before and bacon undercooked. Overall would recommend a visit. Hosts were very helpful in ordering taxis and giving us name of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for room with fireplace in winter....
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I came to Belfast to get my America visa for camp America but booked my appointment to early for a flight and I had to stay somewhere the night before, the old rectory was in the perfect location just a few minutes walk from the consulate. The family that worked here was very helpful and incredibly friendly. But it was the breakfast the blew my mind! Such a variety and i loved it. If I'm ever needing a visa again I'm staying here!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo