“Gillian L-V”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Loughton, United Kingdom
“Gillian L-V”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the Old Rectory Belfast. Mary and her family are friendly, helpful and pleasant people. The house is very clean, spacious and caters for all your needs. The breakfast is outstanding, lots of choice and sets you up for the day. This B&B is on a main bus route into Belfast and all of the attractions. I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gillian L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights with family in 2 rooms (2 adults and 3 kids). We had a car and parking in front of house - a bit crowded when there were 4 cars. But very near the Malone / Lisburn Road and Stranmillis area by car with all the good restaurants. Ran by a very friendly couple. Breakfast was excellent with homemade breads, granola and jams. Must try everything in the menu including the Ulster Fry, Salmon Omelette, Salmon scrambled eggs, shredded duck and more. Rooms very homely with ensuite bathroom and lockable safe. A common mini-fridge was outside and free wifi in all areas (very important for kids). Slept soundly on the comfortable beds.

Stayed June 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Good size room, plenty of chairs and storage space. Excellent breakfast with range of options. Helpful owners and friendly atmosphere.Good bus service to city centre, slightly reduced on Sundays. Several good restaurants about half a mile away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed at the Old Rectory for 3 weeks while I was doing a work experience placement at Queen's University. It was very convenient for me to walk (30 minutes) or take the bus (10 minutes) to the campus. The food here is really excellent. I think I tried most everything on the breakfast menu and had several dinners in my room as well and it was all really good quality. My room did not have an ensuite but I had a private bathroom just down the hall which was fine by me. If I were to visit Belfast again I would definitely stay here. I would also recommend the Old Rectory to anyone I knew who was visiting Belfast.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

From the moment I arrived until the time I left was provided with excellent hospitality. Stayed one night as I had my Visa appointment in the morning which I was very kindly driven to by the hosts! Great breakfast and went out of their way to help me plan a day in Belfast, sort out transport etc as it was my first time. Good location and an overall pleasant stay. Would certainly recommend to others.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TobiasReid
Naas, Ireland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very enjoyable stay in this period Guest house with lovely decor and helpful hosts.

Breakfast stood up to its reputation with smoked salmon/scrambled eggs and Irish Mist creamy porridge on offer.

Very convenient for buses into city centre, however being on busy road, traffic noticeable during night if window open

Hope to visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I have stayed here 3 times and can't wait to return. This is a wonderful place -- lovely old building (it really was a rectory in the 1800s), owned and run by a family with a lot of experience in hospitality industry. The fantastic breakfasts (dinners can be arranged too) are prepared by a top chef who uses local meats, fish and veggies. The rooms are bright, clean, well decorated and spacious. Bookshelves are full of books to borrow, there is off-street parking, and it is right on a busline. Short walk to Queens University, 25 min or so to city centre. Some of the B&Bs I've stayed in are more of a hobby for the owners. This is a very professionally run place, yet in a short time it comes to feel like being hosted by family. Mary Callan, Gerry Rosato along with longtime staff make this an excellent place to stay while in Belfast on business or for a vacation.

Room Tip: We've seen all the rooms, and there are no bad ones. If you have trouble with stairs, consider t...