“Inviting and Comfortable”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 47 Belfast B&B and Inns
NE Oklahoma
“Inviting and Comfortable”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My daughter, my cousin, my friend and I stayed here for two nights. Mary and Jerry were wonderful. They were very friendly and helpful, the house was clean, the yard was lovely, the food was wonderful, the rooms were nice and the location was convenient. I will stay here again when I go to Belfast. BTW - if you go to Belfast, take Paddy Campbell's Black Taxi Tour and ask for Tom. It's a wonderful tour! He will pick you up at the Old Rectory.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JennieCain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Recently stayed here while attending an Archery competition with my wife and son and we found it a lovely spot indeed.
We didn't have lots of time but it was very central to most amenities. It was spotlessly clean, lovely homely atmosphere and great conversation with Mary and a breakfast that didn't leave you wanting. would go again - no hesitation!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful boutique BnB located in the outskirts of Belfast city centre - stay here if you have a car to get around in. We rang up on the day and were accommodated. Our room was quaintly decorated with plenty of room for the 2 of us. Host Gerry gave us a few recommendations for dinner and for sightseeing, which gave our stay a personal touch. We ate at Mourne Seafood bar on Gerry's recommendation and it was worth the booking at such a late hour. Be sure to try the seafood chowder there! As for the Old Rectory, the breakfast included in the room price is absolutely worth writing home about - continental plus cooked breakfast. Freshly squeezed OJ, croissants/pastries straight out of the oven plus a large selection from the menu. I chose the Ulster fry up - delicious blood pudding!! A delightful place for a short stay. Complimentary parking available on site.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salleu
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My 2nd visit to Belfast and my 2nd stay at The Old Rectory over Easter weekend. I had the same room at the front of the house and it was like coming home. Nothing is too much trouble for Mary and her family, they are so helpful and friendly and made my stay a real pleasure. From the comfortable beds and well appointed rooms to the delicious breakfasts and recommendations of places to see or restaurants to visit, I could not find fault. I am already planning my trip to Belfast for next Easter and will be sure to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A friend and I had 2 rooms for 4 nights as a base for a short sightseeing break. What a comfortable and welcoming house this is and we had a great time. The rooms are stylish, clean and comfortable and attention to detail is good. The fresh milk for tea and coffee trays and good quality toiletries were appreciated (as was the use of an iron and ironing board). The star of the show though was the amazing breakfast experience! Just perfect.

For sightseeing purposes it is easy to get around. The bus stops just over the road going into the city and right outside coming back. We bought a daily ticket which was extremely good value for money. Buses are plentiful and take you right into the city within minutes.

Many thanks to Mary and her family for a wonderful stay. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor at the front. The road is busy but the noise didn't bother me once the wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the Old Rectory Belfast. Mary and her family are friendly, helpful and pleasant people. The house is very clean, spacious and caters for all your needs. The breakfast is outstanding, lots of choice and sets you up for the day. This B&B is on a main bus route into Belfast and all of the attractions. I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gillian L
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights with family in 2 rooms (2 adults and 3 kids). We had a car and parking in front of house - a bit crowded when there were 4 cars. But very near the Malone / Lisburn Road and Stranmillis area by car with all the good restaurants. Ran by a very friendly couple. Breakfast was excellent with homemade breads, granola and jams. Must try everything in the menu including the Ulster Fry, Salmon Omelette, Salmon scrambled eggs, shredded duck and more. Rooms very homely with ensuite bathroom and lockable safe. A common mini-fridge was outside and free wifi in all areas (very important for kids). Slept soundly on the comfortable beds.

Stayed June 2014