“Superb breakfast, pleasant house, welcoming hosts - a nice place indeed.”
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
Ranked #3 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Limerick, Ireland
“Superb breakfast, pleasant house, welcoming hosts – a nice place indeed.”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I stayed at the Old Rectory for a week, enjoying a different breakfast every morning. The choice is outstanding, the quality superb and one’s start into the day simply delicious. Not to mention the homely atmosphere in this well-kept B&B and the boundless kindness of the hosts.

With the bus stop at the front door, the city centre is within easy reach.

Mac-users beware: don’t expect the WiFi to work for you…

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I was applying for a US travel visa in Belfast and looked this place up online and chose to stay here as it was just a stones throw from the US embassy. I found the Old Rectory to be a very welcoming and comfortable place to stay. The staff (Mary and co) made me feel at home, the room I stayed in was very cosy and included a nice sofa as well as everything else you would expect and the breakfast menu was superb, scrambled eggs and salmon for me! At just over £40 for a single room for a night I thought it was great value. I'd have no hesitation in recommending a stay at this place to anyone. Also easy access to the city centre from here via buses, ten mins, which leave from almost right outside of the place. A satisfied customer.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My friend and I spent one night at the Old Rectory. We stayed in a twin room that was lovely. Mary and her husband were very welcoming and gave us great directions into town. We parked our car at the B&B and walked into town. It took us about 45 mins to walk into the heart of the town but it was nice to stretch our legs after traversing with the car along the roads.
The room was beautiful and clean. The bathroom was great as well. The breakfast was amazing. You pick from the menu the night before and the food was delicious. I would recommend this place whole heartedly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Whitmore Lake
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This B&B is on a main street in a residential area and VERY easy to miss! The owners are SO welcoming and the breakfast is scrumptous. The home made brown bread, raspberry, strawberry jams and marmelade are one of the best we had in Ireland (and that is saying something!) The room was decorated nicely, beds comfy enough and the owner helped haul my suitcase up the 3 flights of stairs to our penthouse suite! Shower was big enough with a strong water flow. It is a little on the pricey side for American dollars, but well worth the hospitality and service. I will stay there again my next visit!

• Stayed October 2010
Vancouver
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Spent 1 night here at the end of a road trip around Ireland. Mary and her husband are great hosts, breakfast was very good and the rooms were very nice. The downside for me was location - the B & B is on a very busy main street, it's quite a distance to downtown and there are no restaurants nearby. On the plus side, our host prepared us sandwiches for dinner as we were rushed for time and arranged a taxi to get me downtown to a tour I wanted to participate in. I would recommend this B & B to a friend because it's a great place to stay as long as they understood that they would have to take transport to see anything.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 October 2010

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The location is not in walking distance to the town, but there were buses and taxies. One of our rooms was very high up with lots of steps. Wonderful breakfast with a chef’s special touch of Irish assortments to chose from.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Brockport, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2010

The Old Rectory has beautiful old woodwork and very nice, tasteful decor. Our room and en suite bathroom were very nice and clean. Mary, the proprietress, is very organized and helpful. Upon our arrival, she handed us a map of Belfast which showed the bus lines as well as brochures of local sites and services. She recommended some restaurants and was available to answer any questions we had. Her staff also was also very nice and helpful. Breakfast was delicious, especially Mary's husband's home made bread. The Old Rectory was conveniently located on a bus route and getting into downtown Belfast was quite easy. I would not hesitate to stay at the Old Rectory again as there was nothing that I did not like about it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple