“Fun Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cables Bar

Cables Bar
Ranked #707 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Bar, British, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Racine, WI
“Fun Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

We met some very friendly and entertaining Belfast natives here. Service was good and we could check up on American sports.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Babbettemom

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“great service and ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Cables is a relaxing informal but very comfortable bar/lounge with great food and superb service. Only dissappointment was they need a new cocktail list !!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Andrew W
Carrickfergus, Ireland
“Very relaxed dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

The food was good and service good. A little expensive for, I hate to say bar food because it is much more than that, but still no complaints.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank David M
Manchester, United Kingdom
“no rush !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Another week at the Hilton Belfast - this review is ONLY about the Cables bar in the Hilton.
If you visit the Cables bar for food - make sure you push the staff to serve you. I and 3 of my colleague were sat with 4 glasses for 45 minutes awaiting someone to push the meal menus in our hands to order....then finally the oldest of us got up, got the menus and we then a girl happened to come along and ask for orders. Mains took 15 minutes to come down - and the food is GOOD. Then again no offer for desserts and then I had to walk up and ask for a sticky toffee pudding - which took 25 minutes to bring, with the result my Coke went warm - not good.
I won't go again to the bar for food - the food quality is good but I find the service in the bar inconsistent so will stay away unless I have ample time, which is rare.
Staff are good - I bet if the bar had another 2 waiting staff, we would be fed and watered in an hour. Food is seriously good - otherwise we would not have gone here in the second instance and later too.
Pull up chaps - you got a great location and make sure you exploit it.
Would I go again - yes - if I have ample time..
Would I recommend it - definitely - with a note of caution to relax !!!

• Visited March 2013
Liverpool
“Much better than expected.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Locals drink in it so it is quite atmospheric for a hotel. Burger and chips and a drink for 11 quid is good value, and it tasted nice. Excellent bar service from professional and friendly staff.

Visited June 2012