“Lovely meal, lovely atmosphere”
Review of Kitchen Bar

Kitchen Bar
Ranked #37 of 88 Nightlife in Belfast
Moira, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely meal, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We visited a few weeks ago in the early evening and we both chose the roast dinner, which was delicious. The service was excellent and the atmosphere cosy and quite intimate for a large bar/restaurant. It was a Monday evening so there were not many diners - I don't know what it would be like at the weekends. Will be returning for sure!

Visited January 2014

Southport, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“dont bother , especially if you want to watch any rugby!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Came here to watch a rugby match, as part of the six nations completion. They were advertising showing all matches, had flags hanging outside and loads of rugby stuff outside and inside.
both ordered a sandwich and chips, with a glass of wine each, which, we waited ages for. Bread was a bit stale, very little filling, and chips were warm ups. Its not like they weren't busy, don't understand how they were. but they definitely were. The bill came to £27.00!!!!!

The staff weren't of any help atall, a lot of shrugging of shoulders, and miserable faces.
A lot of people came in for the rugby matches, they was two on , one after the other, and he put the football on till right on kick off time, and then put it off at half time.!! No build up or anything. When we asked him for some volume on, the barman just said, I'll put it on when it starts and not before!... People had come from the other side of the city to watch the matches in here, we were over on a weekend visit, and chose here to watch the matches, BIG MISTAKE
Went elsewhere to watch the second match, along with others.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank wales4you
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“One of the better pints of Guinness in Belfast ”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Must admit I'm surprised by the mixed bag of reviews. I enjoyed the lively atmosphere. Service was a tad slow but it was busy so I can forgive them. Most pleasing was the creamy and sumptuously almost perfect pint of Guinness, the kind where the remnants of the head stick lovingly to side of the glass.

I didn't have anything to eat but my da in law was effusive about the grub, babbling fondly about something called a paddy pizza.

N. Ireland
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Kitchen on go slow.. So are the bar staff..”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Planned to have a burger at the Xmas market yesterday, but there was a que a mile long... Decided to up the anti and have a meal here instead.. Complete disaster decision.. You live and learn.

The service was appalling, so slow we could have comfortably waited for our fresh boar burger in the market, AND got our bus home.. before we even got our drinks..

It got no better with the food, dreadful..

A few apologies, and the people at the next table got a slight discount, we got nothing.. Why would we, they couldn't wait to wipe the table, get us out and get someone else from the que in.

We shall not be back...

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Beckinhill
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Over rated food. Don't bother.”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I was in 30th Nov and had Burger & chips which I don't normally eat so as a treat I was looking forward to something tasty.
The bread bun was dry and fell apart, the filling of shredded lettuce just made the burger fall out. The relish was cheap tasting.
The burger was dreadful, a small grey lump of tasteless cheap mince. Covered in thin layer of tasteless cheese.
The chips were lukewarm and greasy.

Why did I eat it? They had the upper hand as I was very hungry and couldn't face the usual British argument when complaining about food.

I did mention it when paying and she demonstrated neatly the typical British response of - no one else has complained!

She took a small discount of the bill and thats the end of that.

There are plenty places for that price of 9.95 for a better meal.
Try Avoca much nicer.