“Black Cab Tour with Tom McNally -a must experience-”
Review of cabtoursNI

cabtoursNI
Ranked #3 of 120 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Belfast black taxi tours,Our informative guides are all taxi drivers who worked the streets throughout the troubles serving both communities.The only Company featured in Vience Vaughn's film The Art of Conflict.Their tours have been broadcasted internationaly. Tours visit Shankill and Falls roads with opportunities to photograph the murals. They also provide tours catered to suit your individual requirements Antrim Coast, Causeway Let us make it the highlight of your visit to Belfast. CabtoursNI Have Tripadvisor Award of Excellence 2012,2011,2010. Experienced and informative tour guides who worked the city center as taxi drivers during the trouble's serving both communities will take you on a unique historical and cultural experience through the streets of Belfast. On a tour you will visit the Falls Road and Shankill Road where you will learn of the history of conflict between the two communities and witness the Peaceline wall which divides the two. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides will explain the many murals which are to be seen on the tours as well as many sites which have played important roles in the political history of Belfast. Our guides are happy to cater the tour to your specification and will answer any question you may have for them. Our tours have been visited by many people from all over the world including those from the media such as Anthony Bourdain, Vince Vaughn and George Negus. As well as political tours of Belfast we also provide tours to sightseeing spots in Northern Ireland such as the Giants Causeway and the beautiful Antrim Coastline.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tom McNally really was fabulous. His personal experience living in Northern Ireland was the highlight of our visit to Belfast. It is one thing to hear the history but to be told the history of someone who has lived it was incredible. He made this very personal for us but remained very neutral in his presentation. If you want an excellent experience call 07875004785 to get Tom. You will never regret it. Deb and Ron Simkin

1  Thank Deb S
"first hand"
in 17 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 18 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
"ask questions"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My sister and I plus our husbands have just had a Belfast Tour by Bobby Walsh ....wow what an experience!! I cannot recommend him and his Taxi service enough he gave us such an amazing very detailed and knowledgeable trip of Belfast he was funny and made it such a joy to experience. We have family that lived in Clowney Street and he couldn't of helped us anymore than he did, he tried to help us find them at the cemetery, he took us took the house my father was born in and we found our dad's initials carved into the bricks which was very emotional he was so helpful I can't thank him enough! If you come to Belfast it is a MUST that you book with him believe me you will not regret it he made our trip!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we were planning our trip to Ireland, we had to decide if we were going to go from Dublin to Galway via the south and its sites or via Northern Ireland. We picked Northern Ireland for three reasons: 1) we like cities and knew we'd be seeing plenty of countryside on our trip, 2) the Giant's Causeway, and 3) we wanted to take a black cab tour of Belfast. I include this information in my review so that you understand that this tour was a big part of the reason why we included Belfast on our Ireland vacation. This tour was, by far, one of the highlights of our trip, and I cannot recommend Gerry Laughlin, our tour guide, highly enough. Not only is Gerry incredibly knowledgeable and engaging, but he was willing to share his thoughts, experiences, and perspectives on the past and current state of Northern Ireland and its history and politics. We toured the city on both sides of the Peace Wall, stopping periodically and sometimes exiting the cab for a close up view of an area. When we stopped at the Peace Wall, Gerry pulled out a Sharpie for us to mark it up; I wasn't expecting this, and I'm still just thrilled and overwhelmed to know that I had this experience. This tour was not only exactly as I had hoped it would be, but it was a highlight of our trip. There are a ton of black cab drivers in Belfast --CabToursNI is phenomenal. (We reserved our tour through the tourism office right across the Europa Hotel on Great Victoria Street.) Gerry, if you are reading this, thank you for a terrific experience, for sharing your insights, and for helping us gain a little more perspective. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Gerry was an excellent guide explaining the history of the "Troubles" while showing us all the important murals and neighborhoods.This tour was definitely one of the best experiences of our vacation. I highly recommend this to be part of any trip to Northern Ireland.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Gerry Laughlin was the driver on the tour that my son and I had booked. Pete, my son, would have had little knowledge of the political history of NI and mine was limited to what I could remember from the British media in the decades leading to the Good Friday agreement in 1994. Gerry's knowledge is vast and he spent two hours explaining everything from how the north and south came to beseparated to the likely impact of Brexit. - as well as driving us around both sides of one of the citie's peace walls.

I think we both found the experience a little overwhelming. One of the great positives to come from the tour was that it made me want to read and learn more and Gerry was quick to let us have titles for further reading.

This tour is an absolute must for visitors to Belfast and we can't recommend Gerry enough.

1  Thank annkinahan