Open today: 08:30 - 22:00

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
riskynik
Welshpool, Wales
via mobile

All reviews bobby walsh paddy kane black cab tour great tour peace wall political tour both sides northern ireland personal experience his life answered all our questions visiting belfast his knowledge peace line highly recommend this tour first hand sense of humour
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went on a tour with Brian and we are still talking about it, and we've been home 4 days!! So informative and interesting to get an insight into the troubles - so much I never knew!!. Gave us some great background and kept two teenage kids interested and engaged. Brian also recommended a book which we have since bought since we got back. Really impressed and so glad we did the tour!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing tour. Gerry was a fountain of knowledge. Stopped all the time for photos. Nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommended

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bobby was prompt & very knowledgeable. We learned about the meaning of the flag colors, the wall, gates shut from 7pm to 7am, July bonfires, hunger strikes, etc. We were astonished by the murals, able to write a message on the peace wall, & how Catholics were treated. This was a great lesson in history. Regardless what part of the tour we were in we always felt safe. We highly recommend taking this tour. The history we learn ed is very memorable.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My sister and I were only going to be in town overnight & booked this tour for the morning at 11pm the night beforehand. Gerry was timely, kind-hearted, humble, and humorous. He began the tour by making sure we knew what kind of a tour it was and when I replied “yes, it’s of the street art” he said “well, yes, and so much more.” And then I said “oh, of course, it’s about The Troubles!” Gerry was an amazing wealth of knowledge of the historical and current political climate. Even with just an overnight stay, my sister & I both felt not only that we’d seen Belfast, but become acquainted with Northern Ireland.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can wholeheartedly recommend CabtoursNI for a "political tour". Our driver, Gerry, was both knowledgeable and funny, and was able to see the conflict from both sides. He took us to all the interesting places, including Stormont, Shankill Rd and Falls Rd. If you ever visit Belfast, do not miss this facinating experience. It was worth every penny.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Took my dad and brother on Belfast Black Cab Mural tour, it was absolutely fantastic. The guide, Bobby, made the whole tour. His knowledge was incredible and he explained all the areas and stages of the troubles with the right balance of seriousness and craic. Highly recommended

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Took the tour with some friends on Saturday morning and really enjoyed it. Cecil was a fantastic guide, really knowledgeable and was able to share some of his personal experiences during the troubles.

Would recommend this tour to anyone visiting Belfast on a mini - break. It is a must see,

From a comfort point of view I would give this tour 5 stars. Cecil's cab was immaculate, his driving was superb and he even dropped us off at our next destination at our convenience.

Will definitely do this again if I am ever back in Belfast.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

A deeply moving and profoundly informative, all-too-brief, tour of the sites, events and history of the "Troubles" of Belfast and the North of Ireland. Paddy Kane our driver was exceptional in his dispassionate and clear perspective and recounting of the events and perspectives of both sides on this matter. Our trio would happily have spent at least twice as long, learning while riding around and even walking through the area of the city, listening, asking questions and discussing our growing understanding. Most heartily and definitely recommended.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Brian and his black cab arrived at our hotel promptly at 9am and we were driven up the coast road to the Giants Causeway through many interesting towns and villages and beautiful countryside.
On the way, Brian talked about the history of Ireland, stopped at several places that he thought we’d find interesting, answered all our questions and drove impeccably!
He knew exactly how long we had to stay in each place allowing to arrive at the International airport on time.
We would recommend him as a guide wholeheartedly and thoroughly enjoyed our day with him

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I booked at quite short notice (2.5 hours), but was accepted for a tour. After 15 minutes beyond the agreed time, I phoned again to enquire and when I said I was waiting they hung up.
Instead had a very informative tour with Cab Tours Belfast instead who were excellent with only 20 minutes to wait.
I recognise it’s short notice, but it’s not good service not to call and explain. Maybe they got a booking for a larger group who would pay more?