“could not recommend highly enough!”

McComb's Coach Travel
Private Tour: 'Game of Thrones' and Giant’s Causeway Full-Day Tour from Belfast
Ranked #9 of 112 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: McComb's Coach Tours is Northern Ireland's only 5 star Tourism NI Tour Company & 2017 Tour Operator of The Year! We offer luxurious, but fun days out, visiting NI's top destinations, and the best Game of Thrones Tours in Northern Ireland. We offer Giant's Causeway Tours, Game of Thrones Tours, Cruise Ship Shore Excursions, Kildare Village Shopping Trips, Food & Drink Tours, Spa Days, Bespoke Private Tours and luxury travel.
Ellicott City, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“could not recommend highly enough!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I was in Belfast for a meeting. Skipped out for a day to take the McComb's Giant's Causeway day trip and had an amazing time. Made my reservation online in advance and it was seamless, the bus met me right outside my hotel (Europa) in Belfast. The driver Patrick was truly outstanding, very professional, funny, informative and also helped the tourists with logistics. For example, he advised us about buying tickets to different locations, suggesting what to pay for and what not to pay for, directed us toward the pub at Giants Causeway rather than Visitor's Center if we finished early, etc. His knowledge of the Antrim Coast was exceptional, I really enjoyed his commentary. The day trip was about 9 hours but seemed to fly by. The stops were great, enough walking at the rope bridge and Causeway to feel energized, plenty of time to rest on the bus between stops. We had lunch at Bushmill's Distillery which was very good, although I wish we had a little more time as we were not able to take a tour of the distillery.

I would highly recommend this trip, it was a very efficient way to see that part of the country and the Causeway. Also, I have to admit, I found the price to be lower than I would have expected, I thought it was a great value for the price.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jtcampbell87

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Giant's causeway & hop on hop off tour”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

As i can remember, McComb's was one of the cheapest tours available and we had a great time. The hop on/hop off buses are 2 stories high and have a top compared to other tour companies that have no top on...and you know it can get cold and rain in Ireland.We had also booked online a tour to giant's causeway. We had plenty of time at giant's causeway and just enough time at carrick a rede rope bridge. For the carrickfergus castle, it is just a pit stop and for the bushmills distillery, it's also a pit stop for lunch. A bit disappointing but I am pretty sure that whichever tour company you will take, it would probably be the same thing...At the Bushmills distillery try the "hot tuddy", it'll knock your socks off. Over all, this was a great package.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brian-n-Genn
Solihull
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A memorable day”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

As a group of 6 we pre-booked a private tour with McComb's, principally to visit the Giant's Causeway. We were picked up from our central Belfast hotel at 9.30 am by our driver/guide Pat, in a luxury 16 seater Mercedes coach. Pat initially ran through the proposed itinerary but also gave us the opportunity to make changes should we wish. We stuck with Pat's proposals and were thoroughly delighted with the outcome. After a quick tour of central Belfast Pat took us to Carrickfergus and then on to the Causeway via the magnificent Antrim coast route, where we were able to see at first hand the beautiful glens and villages of Antrim. Throughout our tour Pat kept us informed in a thoroughly professional, interesting and humorous way. Pat's knowledge of the area is superb. On our way to the Causeway we visited the Carrick-a-Rede ropebridge and were able to cross the bridge. We were very fortunate that the weather on the day of our tour was generally very good for the time of the year (late October) with bright sunshine for a large part of the day and even when we did encounter a rain shower it was quite magical as we experienced a magnificent rainbow when we were visiting the ropebridge. We stopped for lunch at Bushmills distillery and after a short photo stop at Dunluce Castle went on to the absolutely wonderful Giant's Causeway (an absolute must if you are in Northern Ireland).
After spending a good time admiring this wonderful stretch of coastline and amazing rock formations, followed by a quick cup of afternoon tea, we headed back to Belfast where Pat gave a quick tour around Crumlin Road/Shankill Road/Falls Road areas where we saw both sides of the divide including the Peace Wall and the various murals in both Catholic & Protestant areas. We were dropped back at our hotel at approx 6.00 pm after a thoroughly memorable day.

Visited October 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“" Well worth going to see..."”
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Booked the McComb's Causeway Tour online without any problem, at short notice.

Easy pick up at Youth Hostel near Shaftesbury Square and basically after that it is " sit back and enjoy the ride...".

Driver, Pat, was the epitome of professionalism keeping us informed along the route of the many fascinating facts and history surrounding the stunning Coast Road. That this drive is one of the top ten coastal drives in the world is no exaggeration.... Truly stunning.

Got lucky with the weather and had clear blue sky from start to finish which was a pure bonus.

I have been on other tours before, around the world, which have been spoiled by bad commentators telling corny jokes etc but I must say that our driver Pat was a true natural. Informative and obviously engaged and interested in the history of the castles and landscape of this historic area.

I highly recommend this tour , it will probably be the best £20.00 you spend this year.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Giant's Causeway Tour”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I don't normally do tours, I prefer to do things on my own time, but I'm really glad I signed up for this one! Our guide/driver, Patrick, was amazing! He was funny, friendly, and very informative. There was adequate time for each stop, although I would of preferred seeing more of the Dunluce Castle and less of the Carrikfergus Castle.

I saw many reviews of hidden costs of this tour, so I was aware that I'd be spending more money than what I did on the ticket. However, all were optional. The only extra fees were for walking across the rope bridge, lunch, and being able to go into the visitor's center at the Giant's Causeway.

Visited October 2013