“Not the best experience”
Review of The Sphinx

The Sphinx
Ranked #684 of 1,056 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Egyptian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Not the best experience”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Went to spinx with my pal.got 2 chicken kebab on rice.was a terrible choice.got 3 bits of chicken sum salad and sauce on a bed of so called rice.i think they forgot to cook/boil this rice it was hard.the girl on till asked us wat we wanted on it.she didnt give us a second to think then asked us again which was a bit rude.we both tossed it in the bin.we paid a tenner for that.fast food outlets dont care anymore they just want the next customer in an out.anybody giving a good review bout here is drunk when they go.i wont b back

• Visited March 2014
sphinxkebabs, Owner at The Sphinx, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hi trojan234, thank you for your comments, can you please call 02890681881 & speak to a shift supervisor who will be very happy to deal with your complaint

“Soggy kebab”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I ordered some food at the sphinx this evening and will not be returning! Having worked a 12 hour day mysel and my family decided to treat ourselves with a takeaway and having visited Sphinx before thought it was a good call. On walking in I noticed the awards on the wall for best Kebab in Northern Ireland, I decided this was a 'no brainer' and decided to go for this. On placing my order I noticed the lady serving was under a bit of pressure but none the less was getting through the orders nicely. When I came to order I asked for my kebab and also a chip. I was not asked about salads or sauces which is foregiveable as it was moderately busy. I brought this to the ladies attention and a huge row commenced between herself and another staff member because this was not mentioned under the original order. The language was rough and borderline inappropriate and although it didn't bother me personally, people around me had awkward smiles and an uncomfortable atmosphere insued. I left still fairly satisfied that I would be tucking into a lovely kebab shortly, but then I opened the wrapper! What I found was a well below average size kebab ( I paid ��6.50 for a large) which had been saturated to the core in oil and juice from the kebab meat and onions. This rendered the pita bread 'soggy' and and not tasty at all!
I was lost for words but as I was hungry began to eat it. Half way through I could eat no more the bread was soaked and the meat was freezing to boot. The 1 plus was that the chips were good but the experience overall was horrendous. I will not be back and unfortunately my total order cost me ��12+ to find out the sphinx definatley has not got the best Kebab in Stranmillis never mind Northern Ireland!

sphinxkebabs, Owner at The Sphinx, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hi Focal1983, we take all complaints seriously, i would like to look into this more by firstly can you tell me when you where in the shop? It says you reviewed The Sphinx on Thursday 27th February, was this the day you visited? I can be contacted on 02890681881
Lisburn, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful service awful food”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Ordered a collection at work, forgot my "chicken fillet" burger if you can call it that.

After going back out to get it the chicken was so thin and hard it was hardly a fillet. It actually caused severe tooth pain which ended in a tooth needing extraction.

Will never go back here.

• Visited July 2013
sphinxkebabs, Owner at The Sphinx, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thanks for your comments, we take all reviews seriously, our Chicken Fillet burgers are made with fresh Chicken Fillets which are prepared on the premises. If there was a mistake in your order we apologise. You say you visited The Sphinx in July 2013 yet waited until February 2014 to report that you where unhappy, why take 7 months?
Belfast
“Whats the hype about?”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Finally got round to trying one of the Sphinx's kebabs after reading and hearing about how good their kebabs are. So I ordered a large kebab on chips which cost over £6 which I wouldnt mind paying if the kebab was big and tasty. Service was fast and I was given my kebab and away I went. So I got home and unwrapped my kebab and first thing I notice that the box was quite small,I would not consider this as a large kebab,then I notice no salad on the kebab!!! I wasnt offered salad so I assumed it would automatically be in the box but it wasnt! So I tucked into what I would consider a normal sized kebab,no way am I calling it large! Meat was nice but the sauce was a little too spicy for my liking a bit milder and it would be perfect. There are bigger,better and cheaper kebabs in Belfast than this place,I wont be in a rush back to thr Sphinx!

sphinxkebabs, Owner at The Sphinx, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Hi Wilko 1978, Thanks for your comments, we take all reviews seriously. We are glad you enjoyed the meat in our kebab, the sauce is a recipe which has been used in The Sphinx since 1980. Next time you want a kebab make yourself known to the staff and they will be happy to give you a large kebab for the price of a regular.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great kebab”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely kebab plenty of meat and sauce just as good as it has always been. Well worth journey to pick it up, have never experienced rude staff in this shop and have been a customer for many years so nothing to complain about in my opinion.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Visited February 2014