“Disappointed”

Chiquito - Belfast - Victoria Square
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tel: 02890436770
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been here before and never had poor service so it was a shame we had to experience it this time. We were seated relatively quickly however it was at least 40 minutes before anyone came to take our drinks order. We had to ask on several occasions if we could order, where the waitress stated "two minutes" and if this was their idea of two minutes, I would seriously consider getting re-educated. We finally made our order and yet again it was another long wait - unacceptable as the restaurant wasn't busy! The food was cold, dried up and disgusting leaving my pregnant friend feeling I'll the rest of the night. Expensive, awful food with slow, miserable waiting staff and it's safe to say they will never receive my custom again and I will be writing a letter of complaint to management!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Visited chiquito 3 times now..first time everything was good. Second time was in December with 2 friends before a concert...food was great but service was awful...40 minute wait before our order was taken, and the same again between courses. Had to ask for bill 4 times which left us late for our concert. Brushed this off as a bad day for them and visited again last night as I loved the food. Once again, had to wait at least 10 minutes to be seated, and were only seated as we had to go to the bar and ask. No popcorn on arrival at the table, which i thought was standard. Starter came relatively quickly but main took quite a while. The major problem was with dessert. As we were in a bit of a hurry we ordered the desserts with the girl who took our main course dishes away. Also ordered a drink at this point. 15 minutes later my boyfriends ice cream arrived and the waitress said that 'the kitchen didn't get the order for your dessert' and it would just be a minute. Another 20 minutes later, I was still waiting on my dessert and drink. At this point I managed to get the attention of another waitress (near impossible) to tell her I would leave the dessert and drink as we needed to go.

Just as this happened, my dessert and drink did arrive. We asked for the bill at this point...this was the quickest point of the whole experience! As I was eating, the waitress stood over the table and waited for us to pay..terrible and uncomfortable service! My boyfriend paid the bill, simply to get rid of her, without even having had a chance to check the bill...which could have been wrong as we were brought additional/wrong items several times which were sent back. Strangely, the waitress also asked us to write one of our names on the bill, not even giving us a chance to question why.

The staff generally seemed disorganised and a bit clueless, constantly going back into the kitchen to check which order was for which table. Such a pity as the food we had; nachos and fajitas were fab! Cocktails were amazing too! My dessert (mexican mess) was good but I had to eat it so fast due to the delay that i was almost sick afterwards. My boyfriends ice cream was simply that, ice cream, as the 'cinnamon tortilla' it was served in was more like a stale pancake.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Before discussing the food I must say the restaurant decoration and interior designing is unique and very Mexican. The food was nice with great selection. The service was very quick and the staff was friendly.

2  Thank suhailahmad7676
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The food was really nice here with great selection. The service was very quick and the server was friendly.
I liked the location of this restaurant, overlooking victoria square shopping centre.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The first time i went to Chiquito's i wasn't too impressed. Portions were a little small and it was hard to get the servers attention. Recently however I had a craving for a quesadilla so I gave them a 2nd chance. The difference was unbelievable. Food was delicious and the cocktails were even better. Server was very attentive and chatty. Will definitely go back.