“Dinner for twelve”

Ranked #236 of 1,044 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Wine Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in the heart of the Lisburn Road, The Chelsea is a modern gastropub serving bistro food and drinks seven days a week. We pride ourselves in offering you quality food and excellent service within a friendly environment, complemented by luxurious décor. Whether you’re looking to unwind with one of our many gin serves, sophisticated cocktails, grab a lazy Sunday brunch, find the perfect spot for a date night, or celebrate the weekend in style – you’ll find a warm welcome at The Chelsea. Entertainment includes the best in Country Music with the Live Loungers on Thursday nights, Swing Singer Brian McVeigh on Friday nights, DJ Stephen McClements on Saturday night and Soul Singer Michael Samuels on Sunday night.
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Dinner for twelve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Ate here for the first time about a month ago. Had heard it had been revamped and ate in restaurant upstairs. Décor is amazing and just would not recognise the place. It was very tasteful and very pleasant surroundings. Staff were very attentive. Food did take a wee while to come out but when it did it was all excellent. Think the prices were relatively fair. We all enjoyed our meals with no complaints and would certainly recommend and return.

• Visited March 2014

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nothing special, not value for money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We came here for dinner on Sunday. My mum had the turkey and ham roast dinner and I had the burger with Guinness cheese. The food was average and nothing more. I actually think the burger was over priced, I was a bit skeptical about whether or not it was homemade, the Guinness cheese most certainly did not taste like Guinness and the portion of chips was pretty poor in size. Luckily for me my mum couldn't finish her food so I got her leftovers, otherwise I would have gone home hungry! We also sensed that part of mum's had been heated in a microwave? And the mashed potato did not taste homemade to me, and I know what homemade mash tastes like. I think for the quality of the food they need to lower the prices, The burger should be no more than 8.95 MAX. It really just is not worth it. And 9.95 for a roast dinner that seems to have just been shoved into a microwave? Won't be returning.

2 Thank D757ec
NI
“Great food in fab surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just had our first meal in Chelsea and I have to say we were both impressed! Beautiful new surroundings and very cosy. Staff quick, attentive and very pleasant. Menu not massive but had a good choice and the usual favourites; although maybe a tad pricey. Ordered the beef burger and my husband had the sirloin steak - really cant fault the food! very tasty, both juicy and not overdone. Portion sizes were reasonable - we were definitely filled up! The food came out quick and was well presented. Only had a glass of the red merlot (very good) so cannot comment on the drink too much. All in all, great dinner and will definitely be back!

1 Thank S_ana_K994
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Unfortunately not a change for the best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We used to be regulars at the Chelsea and although the drinks were always expensive they did have good offers on the menu for food. We liked to go there for the atmosphere and relax while having a drink. Since their one million £ refurbishment we have noticed that the regulars are few and far between, also we have yet to come across any staff that worked there before. It is a great pity that the 'new staff' ' haven't been taught to smile, or pay attention to the customers. They seem to just want to stand aroud the huge new bar and talk to each other or stare into space. They could be a bit more attentive to the customers and to the tables that need to be cleared and cleaned!!!!! The price of their drinks must be the most expensive in Northern Ireland. At the end of your meal, when paying the bill, you now get a shot glass full of what look like Smarties, I'm afraid I wouldn't touch them as I don't know how many times they have been in and out of the glass and I don't eat anything like that which isn't covered as it is very unhygenic. Bring back the sealed mint or just don't bother, and take the price off a pint. when we are in the area we will still visit the Chelsea and hope it's improved but, I very much doubt it as they have been open four months now and every time we visit it just seems to get worse.

4 Thank PollyP333
belfast
“Fur coat no knickers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Dirty glasses, dirty wine and dirty tricks! Ordered 2 glasses of inferior plonk at a cost of 10.50 only to have the insult served up in chemically enhanced cheap glasses which created an oil like scum on the top and a gritty feel to the vessel holding this abomination. Brought the offending objects back only to watch them being turfed into new dirty glasses!!!! Appalled by what I'd witnessed I asked for fresh wine and fresh glasses and said that the 2 offending glasses be put down the sink...not sure if they were as they were trying to pan them off on us again!!! So if you ordered white wine around 7.45pm just so you know we sipped on that!!! New glasses were also gritty on the outside but ok inside. Barman who'd try to get away with this then came over to offer complimentary something? ????? Told him glasses still dirty on outside. He had a feel and agreed!!!!! Marvellous! !! Having now looked at trip advisor I can see why this place attracts such negativity. Couldnt comment on food but a dirty table sat next to us uncleared for the duration with what looked like very little eaten of a pasta dish..yum yum!!! What has happened to this bar? Won't be rushing back as this has to be the most amateur experience in hospitality I've witnessed in many years in Belfast. Well done chelsea:(

6 Thank copen2455