“Shocking food - worst meal of my life”
Review of The Point Bar and Grill - CLOSED

The Point Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Shocking food - worst meal of my life”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Before I begin, I want to say that value for money and service was good. The food, however, was utterly repulsive. Went for Sunday lunch. Every course was terrible and I've eaten some bad food in my time. Very disappointing because I was told that the food was good, especially since the change of management. The 'soup' tasted like powder (probably because it came from a cuppa soup sachet) and was served with stale wheaten bread. The mash served with the main courses reminded me of school dinners (which to be fair were much nicer). The meat was dry, tasteless and came with little or no sauce. I didn't think the meal could get any worse until the Eton Mess arrived. The cream was off and it literally tasted (and smelt) like vomit. Rancid. When we complained, instead of an apology, we were told that the Eton Mess was prepared fresh that morning.... Thankfully they deducted this from the bill. Won't be back. Neither should you

northampton
“worst place i have ever been in”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We booked a table for 11 people, when we got there where there was only 9 places set and not room for another 2 places the staff where not interested and we where next to a singer which was loud and could not hear yourself think the staff where, rude never again so we all got up and walk out.
I went to the point last year when I was in Belfast and had a lovely meal staff where not rude.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“family get together”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

on arrival at this place friday10th april, very disappointed , the singer very loud and terrible, so when my aunt asked the barman would this be going on all night, he replied yes, so my aunt told him that she wasn't happy and the barman replied with suit yourself, you know what to do, now there was a party of 12 of us with money to spend, but with this attitude we got up and left, and of course we wont be back, we heard the place had been bought over but with staff attitude like that the new owners wont be around for long. disgraceful service.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Oh dear!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I called into the point last Friday. We didn't want to go upstairs as we think the food is really over priced so we decided to try the bar food. What a let down, we were told the bar menu stopped at 6.30 and we were handed a menu. Didn't take a genius to work it out it was the menu from upstairs that we had a few months before. Obviously they are not getting the numbers upstairs so pushing it onto people in the bar.! I was reluctant to order but as we were both very hungry we decided to stay. My husband ordered brisket which was served on a bed of mash. I ordered chicken...well my face said it all.... as on the menu it was described as chicken with herby roasted potatoes and some sort of sauce. I got a chicken thigh with a small potato which was sliced in four with some sort of sauce which wasn't nice either thank goodness my hubby had ordered a portion of chips. I eat it as I was really hungry but for £14.00 I think I was really ripped off.
When I looked around the bar that night it was empty. That is usually a good sign that not all is well. I will never eat in this place again. Really saddened by this because for years I have sang it's praises.
You really need to get your act together!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Vera G
“Good food slow service”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

4 of us went for a meal here tonight and after visiting previously was looking forward to it. Without going on and on and on all I would say is that the food was very good as previously but tonight the service was poor even though it was quiet. Ordered a 2nd round of drinks wgich took 20mins to come evn though we coyld see them sat ready on the bar. But will be back :)