“Currently closed”
Review of Hooples - CLOSED

Hooples
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: New restaurant that provides fine dining in small dishes. Not quite tapas but similar prinicple.
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Pay no attention to the ratings which I have selected as average in order to update the entry. This premises is under new management by a well-known Belfast city centre restaurateur. Closed at the moment for refitting. Watch this space for news in April. I look forward to dining at the new restaurant and will hopefully review it at some stage.

1  Thank Michael F

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten in Hooples twice, most recently last Friday night. I really like the layout of this restaurant - it manages to fit in lots of tables but doesn't feel like you are sitting on top of the people at the next table. On both our visits we enjoyed the food and whilst very busy the service was also good.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I went to Hooples on a Thursday night with my Mum after hearing rave reviews. When we arrived at 7:30pm the restaurant was empty with no bookings as we were informed by staff. Staff were attentive and service was good but the lack of atmosphere in the restaurant definitely put a dampner on the evening. Mum enjoyed her fish main however I wasn't overly impressed with the lamb.

1  Thank MichLJenkins
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We had our Christmas works meal out in Hooples , it was most of our first time in and we had the best Christmas meal in 17 yrs of staff outings. The only way to describe the food FAB, We all had pre ordered of a great menu and was delighted to find that all the food came out at the same time piping hot and delicious. The staff were very attentive and friendly. It was great to see the kitchen staff working calmly behind the glass screen in what was obviously a very busy kitchen as the restaurant was full with people waiting at the bar for tables to become free.
Great time had by all of our group (23 of us) and we all agreed today that we will be back.
THANK YOU HOOPLES.

Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

I've been here twice for breakfast and once for lunch and can't fault it. Stylish, arty decor and polite, genuinely pleasant and professional staff. The manager is also very nice. We were in at the weekend and had a cooked breakfast which was really lovely, and was clearly made from good quality ingredients. The strange thing is that Hooples was quite quiet wheras the Other Place, which we had just passed, was full to the brim and in my experience is more like an overpriced, cramped and not even very nice greasy spoon. Hooples is, believe it or not, cheaper for a cooked breakfast - we came to the conclusion that perhaps people are put off by its expensive-looking front, assuming it'll cost a fortune. Don't be put off by that as the cost of the food is actually less! Highly recommended.