“A really nice Indian restaurant, great food and service.”
Review of Safa

Safa
Ranked #16 of 1,051 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary Indian cuisine, located on bank street in the heart of Belfast City centre. At Safa we offer authentic Indian recipes and traditional style of cooking. Ali takes great pride in cooking to order and grinding all his own spices so it really is the closest to Indian home cooking you can get. We also have a full bar and incredible wine list.
Glenavy
“A really nice Indian restaurant, great food and service.”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent restaurant in the centre of Belfast. The food and service were superb! Ramush the waiter was extremely couteous and efficent.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank SeanMcGurk

• Polish first
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“A real wee hidden gem right in the centre of Belfast”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My first visit to this restaurant was the result of winning a facebook competition but I will definitely return as a paying customer. The service we received was second to none and the food was not only delicious but also beautifully presented. It was only the second time I'd ever tried Indian cuisine but it's fair to say my visit here has converted me and I'll certainly be back for more. Located right in Belfast city centre a meal here makes for the perfect start to a great night out. Thanks guys for making our visit one to remember, look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

• Visited June 2014
“Style over substance”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We visited here due to the fantastic reviews on tripadvisor and it was a bit of a disappointment.
For starter I had the chicken chaat. The presentation was fantastic, the chicken being served in a crispy flat bread in a basket shape. Obviously a lot of work has gone into the presentation but the flavours were just average, not the best, not the worst.
For mains my partner had chicken madras, I Had a dish with fresh coconut and curry leaves, can't remember the exact name. Both these mains were pretty tasty but again by no means the best I have tasted.
We visited with a groupon/grab one deal so the meal was very good value, however the one thing which made me give this restaurant a poor score was the naan bread. It is easily the worst naan I have ever tasted. Floppy, pale and too thin, there is no way in a million years this has been cooked in a tandoori oven. I judge a good indian partly by the quality of the naan and this falls far short of my expectations. I can make better naan at home and have tasted supermarket naan of better quality. Very disappointed, probably wouldn't return due to the naan.

2 Thank Vickshill
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Got a personal recommendation for Safa and I wasn't disappointed. Restaurant nicely presented, staff very courteous and polite, food nicely presented and was delicious with nicely judged serving sizes.

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal here. Restaurant is lovely very clean bright and airy. Food was great and good portion size. Service was good. Our server did seem a bit distracted, for the evening though. I would recommend Safa

• Visited May 2014