“Amazing Food, Service and Everything Else!”
Review of Safa

Safa
Ranked #15 of 1,049 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Contemporary Indian cuisine, located on bank street in the heart of Belfast City centre. At Safa we offer authentic Indian recipes and traditional style of cooking. Ali takes great pride in cooking to order and grinding all his own spices so it really is the closest to Indian home cooking you can get. We also have a full bar and incredible wine list.
“Amazing Food, Service and Everything Else!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

To be honest initially found Safa by mistake by exploring areas of Belfast I have never really seen before with my girlfriend. After deciding to choose Safa I knew within the seconds that this would be good! Upon entrance to a small, cosy restaurant you are welcomed to a relaxing and chilling atmosphere with friendly and welcoming staff ready to meet you at the door. The ambience of the restaurant is perfect in every way.

Staff are very polite, friendly and helpful as I didn't have a clue what was nice (never been to an Indian before). After ordering our meal we found that service was very quick.
The food was exceptional, without a doubt a very enjoyable meal. The portions are also very filling and exactly what you would want! I personally would recommend the "Rogan Josh" with any meat and garlic nann wow yummy!!

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
“Awesome. .as usual”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Been to safa loads of times before and this time it was no different. Awesome. I had phal which was not on the menu but they still made it for me. My girlfriend has chicken dansak and hers was a tasty as mine. Top service. Nice atmosphere. Left stuffed as usual. Thank you

“Great food, fantastic service, enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my husband and my son. We had a treat ticket and booked in advance. We asked for a highchair and this was sitting at the table when we arrived. We found it hard to get up the stairs with a pram and a child in arms but the staff assisted us up without us asking.
We ordered the platter for starter, I'd a chicken tikka masala and my husband had a chicken korma. We both had rice and naan, and we ordered chicken nuggets and chips for son. The platter was lovely, a nice variety of pakoras, samosas, lamb, chicken etc. the curries were lovely. Korma quite sweet but that's what my husband wanted, the tikka was beautiful. There was plenty of chicken and it was nice and juicy. The naan bread was really good, fresh and well made, we probably could have done with more rice as we had loads of extra sauce but we were very satisfied with our meal. My sons nuggets were lovely chunks of chicken breast. The waiter was polite and attentive. I had a glass of house rose wine which was also enjoyable.
The restaurant was clean and the ambiance was pleasant. All in all we had an enjoyable meal which with the treat ticket was very reasonably priced too.
I will recommend and will be back.

Visited August 2014
Murcia, Spain
“Below average restaurant at best!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The location of the restaurant is hard to find on top of a pub. Looks cleans enough not bad inside but nothing out of the ordinarily. The menu is is abit steep especially the beer opted with glass off coke and it was flat straight from the bottle so not a good first impression I was pretty disappointed me and my girlfriend ordered the the chicken korma it was okay 6 pieces of chicken in each but the portion of rice was small and the ratio was out so as I had loads of korma sauce running everywhere my girlfriend offered me her rice. For dessert I got a cheesecake I don't know if it was homemade or not but it tasted okay. All in all for 2 Cokes 2 kormas and one dessert and nan bread it was £34 I wouldn't go back and I don't recommend am disappointed at being misled I don't understand how this restaurant is ranked hig

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank chrismclauch
Hoxter, Germany
“Safa surprise”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Hidden in a back street under repair you will be lucky to find this gem. Lunch menu was excellent if not extensive but very tasty. Worth finding and I will certainly be back.