“Misleading Prices & Rude staff”

Abacus Cantonese Restaurant
Ranked #685 of 1,088 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My two friends and I went to Abacus after hearing good reviews of the food. We looked at the menu outside and the food looks reasonably priced - as we entered, we asked for a table of three and the waitress rolled her eyes (wish I was joking) and reluctantly showed us to a table - it wasn't even busy inside. Once we sat down and looked at the menus, we found out that the food prices were almost double of that displayed on the outside. I assume the prices on the outside were for takeaway orders, but there was no notice making a point of this.

We decided to leave, as I felt almost conned at this point. Would not recommend.

2  Thank Matt N
There are newer reviews for Abacus Cantonese Restaurant

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I used to eat here regularly so last Friday when we were having a night in to watch the footie we thought we'd try the takeaway service. Really impressed with the quick delivery but that's where the enjoyment ended. The prawn crackers set off the alarm bells - as thick and chewy as a pancake. On to the main courses - first up was the pork with mushrooms, green pepper and black bean sauce. Tasty enough but there wasn't any green pepper and a definite taste of tomato puree in the mix. Wrong but not inedible. The second main was another matter. 'Chicken' with broccoli and oyster sauce contained no more than 2 chopped up tiny broccoli florets. When I said 'chicken' its because it have no idea what that chewy, revolting stuff was. I should have kept it for DNA testing.
Unforgivable and will not be using this place again

4  Thank JohnStran
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Suggested again by our hotel, we were not surprised... I was not able to finished the portion i got!! My partner was extremely happy with his meal!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Been here several times. Keep coming back. Best Chinese food in Belfast. Very nice authentic restaurant. Great service.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Just back from another excellent meal in abacus. The food is really tasty and the staff are quietly efficient and friendly. There is no problem with any special requests so food is presented exactly how you want it.