“Perfect Spot”

Ranked #397 of 1,087 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a fast Casual restaurant serving Authentic Mexican Food. We are known for huge portions, great service, and good prices. We make everything in house from our salsas, rice, beans, to our succulent Carnitas. We marinate our own meats and cook everything fresh. Come check us out and try some real Mexican Food. Located on the Lisburn Road, next to Ryan's Bar.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Amazing and tasty grub, good value for money and the staff are all really friendly! Great place to sit in or a takeaway i always prefer to just sit in. Always a great atmosphere, best Burrito in Belfast!

There are newer reviews for Chalco's Mexican Grill

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Been here lots and lots of times now. My daughter has been converted from Boojums too.
Food is so so good.
Prices are good
Nice atmosphere. My 82yr old mother even enjoys it and doesn't feel out of place among all the young people
We go every week or fortnight, meal out for four for under £28.
Staff are friendly and helpful.

However, on our last visit there was a new foreign girl (with dark hair) on the tills. She needs replaced!! Or at least take her off the tills! She couldn't add up the order and regular girl did it for her. She then asked for an extra pound even though the other girl told her how much to ring up and when I pointed this out to her she insisted on the extra pound. Regular girl sorted it promptly. Music was too loud and rap too which ruins the atmosphere and limits the customers who will want to dine here!!!)

So few points off for poor customer service and a few for the loud music!

Pity the one on Ormeau Road closed.
No chance of one around Carryduff?

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I've had in total 3 visits to Chalco's so far and like many people I decided to try it after being loyal to boojum. My first visit was probably the best. It was on the 23rd December and was about 7pm at night, The girl serving me was quite small and had blonde hair tied back - she was enthusiastic and approachable. To-go, I ordered a Chicken burrito bowl with grilled peppers, lettuce and 2 different types of salsa - tomato and mild. My takeaway was literally bursting with chicken and vegetables - the portion size was fantastic and the girl really give me the most for my money - all for £5! I also got complimentary tortilla chips thrown in at no extra cost!

However, I've had 2 recent visits - one last week and one last night and was served by 2 different girls - one tall and dark haired (at lunch time) and one tall and brown haired (at dinner time last night). Both were very friendly and professional but seemed soo skimpy when filling my take-away up - at both times it was literally half the size of my first visit! Plus like boojum, they have also had a price increase - as I noticed last night - cost me £5.50 for the same thing - which according to the portion size I didn't get my moneys worth.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the place hands down to boojum for a number of reasons:

1. Staff are nicer and more genuine - believe this is because they are not as rushed.
2. The place has a warm feel to it and cosy atmosphere.
3. Food tastes far more authentic and there is more choice for different meat fillings.
4. They throw in complimentary tortilla chips at no extra charge.
5. You get two types of salsa for no extra charge.
6. No long lines.
7. They do have their own loyalty card and after 8 visits (not 10!) you get a free burrito.

They only advice I would give to Chalco's to keep their customers and promote themselves, is train their staff to increase their portion sizes, so that you truly feel like you are getting your money's worth!

Definitely worth a visit - take the chance and try it one night instead of a boojum! :)

1  Thank kirstyaameredith
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After being a Boojum regular I decided to try Chalcos as an alternative. Dont get me wrong this is not a bad review and the burrito I got along with the service and value for money was top class. Its just when I compare it to Boojum it just comes in 2nd place each time, however I do advise you give it a go and if Im passing I will certainly be calling back.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I've eaten at Chalco's. I didn't enjoy the food as much the first time but thought I'd give it a second chance. The food drastically improved the second time, don't know different cook maybe? The portions sizes are good, I even had to take some home! So well worth the price! I was served by a Caoimhe and Matthew both times and their a credit to the business! Friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable about the menu. Overall I highly recommend!