“Just wonderful”
Review of Bistro Este

Bistro Este
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Este is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,194 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: European, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We serve modern british cuisine. Fully licensed restaurant. We only use quality local produce cooked fresh to order. Family friendly. Open 6 days a week.
Reviewed 5 May 2017

This is a very, very lovely place. You are warmly greeted as you come in the door and the service does not diminish from then. Superb.

I was there with a few friends, upon a recommendation from another chum and we were not disappointed.

The food was amazing. Properly amazing. I opened with the Ham hock and aged cheddar croquettes. I practically inhaled them before moving on to the main which was the 16 hour shortrib beef. The meat practically melted in my mouth. If I hadn't been in polite company (by that I mean the other diners, not the motley crew I arrived with) I would have licked the plates.

Delighted with it all and I will *definitely* be back.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

This was the second time we dined at this restaurant and was equally as good as the first. All the staff are welcoming and friendly which goes a long way in boosting what already is a great atmosphere. The chef prepares great food to a very high standard. The menu is wide and varied and should suit all tastes. Looking forward to our next visit. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Visited for lunch one day last week, they have a lovely menu for lunch at a really good price! I had the goats cheese salad with honeycomb then the Thai chicken with noodles then raspberry and white chocolate creme brule for dessert, all gluten free, which was such a refreshing change from other restaurants in Belfast, wine was good too! Staff really lovely. Will be back for sure

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

I recently visited the restaurant for the second time and unfortunately was disappointed. On the first visit the food was excellent but on this occasion it did not live up to its usual high standard. The main course, wild garlic chicken kiev, was extremely over cooked, leaving the meat dry and the sauce almost none existent. When I brought up the issue with one member of staff she barely acknowledged my complaint. Despite this the girl who had been serving us throughout the night was extremely friendly and welcoming, and the mashed potatoes were delicious! Hopefully this was a one off incident.

2  Thank Megan O
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Took in all the reviews and thought we would book - what a mistake.....
Waited ages for the meal and then what a disappointment. The vegetarian curry had 4 sugar snap peas and mostly potatoes! the steak certainly did not live up to 'slow cooked' and my duck breast on a bed of caramelised onions (on a dark green plate!) did not look appealing and then no matter what way i tried to cut into the breast - it would not cut! so 3 plates returned. The others had fish which was ok but not a lot on the plate and i have to say it was expensive.
I have say i am very disappointed with this establishment and would not recommend or return. Such a pity as it was a special celebration night.

1  Thank mrainbow