“Excellent Service”

Crowne Plaza Belfast
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great located hotel.
Food and the curry restaurant is excellent for the price but the breakfast can be a little disappointing but still good.

The bar (Suburbia) is excellent, superb service ( Maria looked after us all night, even asking each time our glass was empty for a refill).

This would get a five star but it is only let down by the showers, I love a power shower in the morning but these are not up to the job. Still however a great place to stay in Belfast

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank SteveNew33
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Steve

Thank you for your kind comments during your recent stay at The Ramada Plaza. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are delighted that you found our hotel in an ideal location and great place to stay in Belfast. We are delighted that you enjoyed the excellent food in our Green Room restaurant & the superb service in the Suburbia bistro that's fantastic to hear that.
We look forward to welcome you back to The Ramada Plaza on your next trip to Belfast.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel on a short business trip to Belfast. The staff were friendly and my room was great. My colleague's room however was not great, when she pulled down the bedcovers to go to bed there was blood on the mattress cover. They replaced it quickly but this is not good, I do not always check so could have slept on that all night ugh!
The staff were very accommodating when I had to leave one day early and I have stayed here before with no problems so I will give it another chance.
If you want something near to Belfast City though this is not the hotel for you, it was okay for me as the office is near but you are limited if you do not have a car.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry A
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest

We very much appreciate all your feedback and comments and take on board any of the issues that you may have had during your stay with the accommodation. I am happy to hear everything was in order with your accommodation and would like to apologize for the poor standard of your colleague's room and has passed this on to our Housekeeping Manager to investigate and am pleased this was rectified quickly by our team. I hope this has no reflection on staying with us in the future and can ensure that this will be dealt with. We however sincerely value all your feedback and hope our friendly and efficient service makes the difference and are delighted you would choose to stay with us again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a Business Conference. Room was clean and was comfy. Wifi is available throughout the hotel but in my room was very on and off!!
The staff make the hotel, checking in was a breeze and the bar staff pay attention and are very polite. Overall I would stay here again and highly recommend. Whoever the manager is, should be very proud of your staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mjoneselectrical

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, i am so pleased that our team at The Ramada Plaza made the difference to make your stay a special experience to remember. Our standards of service and hospitality is of the utmost importance and are trilled that we where able to deliver this quality of service to all our guests during their stay.
We hope to see you back at The Ramada Plaza on another visit to belfast.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Rooms lovely. Location good. Reception fast cordial and helpful. Food excellent. Leisure centre very pleasant. All staff with exception of bar staff top class.

Based on the above this should be an excellent review, however my views are somewhat coloured by the design and service of the bar, The bar itself if cold and soulless. Maybe its just me but when staying in a hotel i like the bar to have a warm and welcoming feeling. This bar did neither for me. Nonetheless while I could have got over the cold design I can not get past the poor service. During the evening I ordered three rounds of drinks. On the first two occassions I was asked to wait a moment while the barman went off to clean empty tables at the far end of the bar. On one occassion I waited maybe 7 minutes in a virtually empty bar. I found this extraordinarily rude and felt the barman's priorities were misguided at best. On the final occassion I waited maybe 10 minutes while a barman chatted to a friend. On at least three occassions he looked over his shoulder saw me and continued his conversation. The next morning I saw this friend was also working in the hotel. I was eventually served by another member of staff. There was an extraordinary discrepency between the attitude of the bar staff to service and the attitude of the rest of the hotel staff. If I wa spaying these guys I would not be at all happy.

Still if want a good hotel and don't intend spending time in the bar it really is a decent hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank navaccia

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing your review, as this has been passed on to our Bar Manager i understand that contact on this matter has been made and hope this matter has been resolved, and that you have been happy with the outcome. Thank you for your feedback and lookforward to welcome you back to The Ramada Plaza in the near future.

kind regards

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We was staying there to attend a function so we were only there for one night. First impressions were very positive. Staff were friendly and attentive. Described the layout of the hotel and where to find everything. The room was big, (G01) with a big bed, a vanity unit, plenty of storage space in the drawers and wardrobes if you were staying a few nights. The bathroom was standard, nothing fancy, sink, toilet, shower/bath. The extractor fan did not work however so the whole place fogged up very quickly during a shower. A couple of the towels were old and rough also and one had a few holes in it. The room was not very sound proof. Anyone in the hall could be heard very easily and looking at a few of the other reviews, this hotel seems to cater for some stags/hens etc. so they would be coming in late and would be easily heard if you were a light sleeper.
The bar was very nice, well laid out and just looked like somewhere you would easily enjoy yourself. I had a light bite (spring roles) and a drink, as we were in the hotel a few hours before the function started and they were very nice. Again the bar staff were very friendly and attentive.
The function itself was very well organised. The drinks reception, the meal, the band and the casino were all excellent. The only complaint here is that the dessert was brought out well before any tea or coffee, which I hate. Everyone at the table had the dessert finished before the drinks were served.
The breakfast the next morning was excellent. It is a buffet and there was a nice selection of cereals, breads and fruit along with the traditional hot Irish breakfast. Tea, coffee and a selection of juices were also available. The maitre d was the most attentive staff member there. He went out of his way to make sure everyone was happy with their breakfast.
All in all it was a good nights stay and I would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced hotel.

Room Tip: G01 was on the end with the road to the carpark going right by the window.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher F
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Christopher

Thank you for posting your review during your recent stay at The Ramada Plaza. We appreciate all your kind comments both positive and negative feedback which is very important to us. We very much hope that you had a great night attending your function with us and is fantastic to hear that our hotel was able to offer ideal facilities for a comfortable and enjoyable stay from the food and excellent service we provide. Great to know that you can recommend The Ramada Plaza as the place to stay and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Before we booked to stay at this hotel, we'd seen some of the reviews about the location which concerned us slightly. However, after a little research, we saw that there was a bus stop about ten / fifteen minutes walk away (depending on your speed) and we felt that this would be ok. If you have a lot of bags I'd recommend you get a taxi from the city centre, which takes just under ten minutes and costs around £8. If however you plan to do a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, then definitely take the bus. They are quite frequent throughout the day, and a return costs £3.70.
The hotel itself is lovely. There is a lot on offer for guests, including free use of the pool and steam room. We dined in the restaurant one evening and it was inexpensive, with good food, so well worth a visit. Our room was spacious, very clean and comfortable.
The only negative about our experience here was the member of staff we dealt with upon check-in. We had booked a double room, and we tend to find that as a same-sex couple that check-in staff double check we actually want a double room. This is fine, checking with us ONCE isn't a problem. However, this particular member of staff checked with us FIVE times - and not only that, on the fifth time used hand gestures to demonstrate the size of the bed we would have so that we clearly understood we'd be sharing. Yes, we understand!! This made the whole experience incredibly uncomfortable for us and I felt embarrassed, to the extent that every time I came in and out of the lobby I checked to see if she was at the desk, in the hope to avoid her. It put quite a damper on our first day there.
On the whole the staff were very pleasant and helpful, it's a shame that one very awkward check-in experience would certainly make us reconsider staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madscree
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ramada Plaza Belfast. We very much appreciate all your feedback both positive and negative comments and sincerely hope that you found our hotel the ideal choice for you to stay while in Belfast. I would like to thank you on all your kind comments on the hotel and are delighted that you found the food & service good and accommodation very clean, spacious & comfortable lovely to hear. However we are deeply apologetic that you encountered an awkward experience in check in and will certainly follow this up with our front of house team but appreciate you bringing this to our attention and sincerely hope this experience does not put you off returning back to The Ramada Plaza in the future assuring you of our best of service and hospitality at all times.

Kinds Regards

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Me and my friend stayed in your hotel for two nights as we were on a girls weekend away and we decided to call into the bar for a bite to eat. Our experience in the bar was brilliant, the food was beautiful and our waiter 'Shaun' was brilliant who dealt with every request we made as my friend had some dietary requirements and he also made us feel welcomed asking about what had us staying the hotel.

I would like to thank all the staff at the hotel and mainly our waiter 'Shaun' who was fantastic

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank john q
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear John

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor during your recent weekend stay. Its brilliant that you can leave the Ramada Plaza with a great experience to remember. Your feedback is very important and are pleased that you enjoyed the bar food and menu in our Suburbia bar restaurant, thank you so much and will pass your comments on to the team especially Shaun.
We do hope we can welcome you back for another visit to The Ramada Plaza in the future.

Kind Regards