“Nice enough hotel , but theres a lot of better ones in belfast”

Crowne Plaza Belfast
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice enough hotel , but theres a lot of better ones in belfast”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here on easter sunday , me my husband and 2 children 11 and 14 , we had the sunday carvery lunch which was not the best food cold , went to bar later for few drinks no music or entertainment , bar closed at 10pm , nothin for older children to , could do with a games room pool tables etc , kids where bored , breakfast was good plenty of variety

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank andrea1979_11
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Andrea

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ramada Plaza during the recent Easter break. We very much appreciate all your feedback and comments and take all on board that you have mentioned. We are sorry to hear you encountered a few issues that you where disappointed with during this stay at the holiday time. Our team always strive to make all our guests stay a pleasant and enjoyable experience with good quality service and excellent food and is always at hand to assist all your needs or issues that you may have had. You had mentioned the bar closing on Easter Sunday early but as you where residents we certainly would of been able to serve your requirements but apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Your feedback is very important to us and will look into all your comments mentioned but do hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Geraldine McLarnon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I was here for a wedding recently.

Food service: prompt and efficient.
Servers were polite to the guests but uncouth amongst each other, yelling orders back and forth just feet away from the guests.
I had to explain three times to the staff that I was vegetarian, which clearly wasn't communicated properly.
My main should have had a side of garlic naan which never appeared. As a result the portion of my main was on the small side.
The menu was riddled with embarrassing spelling and grammatical errors.

Bar service: I ordered a diet coke which was served in a dirty glass which had pine needles in the bottom. I very politely queried a replacement and was, inexplicably, given a measure of Tia Maria in a tall glass and the server simply wandered off so I couldn't query it.

The bridal party didn't fare much better, with a guest being locked out of the function room and being denied access to his coat - containing his wallet. The bride was also locked out in the cold (they'd nipped outside as a group to have a smoke).

Toy miniatures as wedding favours for the children went missing before the function room had even been opened, indicating they'd been pinched.

The couple and their families enjoyed their day - mostly down to the bride's careful thought and consideration. The Ramada did not seem to enhance the day in the slightest - it merely served a function and nothing more.

My experience was average to below average. Seems adequate for a hotel but really below average for a wedding. Couldn't and wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed April 2014
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback during attending a wedding at our hotel. Your comments are very important to us and take all on board you have mentioned in your review. In order to have a better understanding of your review we will certainly investigate your comments and in particular with the bridal couple on the day which all arrangements had been made and checked with and sincerely hope they and all their guests had a very enjoyable day and experience. It is of the utmost importance that all our guests have a memorable experience and that we deliver good quality service at all times and apologize on this occasion that we failed on a few service issues as you have mentioned which we will look into. We thank you for bringing these to our attention at this time.

Kind Regards

Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here last year for our first break away with our baby. Picked the hotel as it was close enough to get in and out to the city but far enough to be nice and quiet. Wasn't disappointed, easy to find the hotel from the motorway and there was nice parks and areas around the hotel, but we didn't get a chance to visit them.
Check-in was nice and quick, girl on the desk was very helpful. Got to our room and it was perfect for our needs, nice space to put the cot up in and didn't hear any noise from other rooms.
Room was clean and the shower had great pressure. We got a bite to eat in the bar that evening, menu was small enough but enough choice to satisfy us both. There were other dining options but we were happy in the bar. The bar was quiet with mostly business people around which would be expected, the meal was nice and arrived fairly quickly.
The next morning we had breakfast in the restaurant, usual buffet breakfast, nothing spectacular but nothing wrong either.
I would have no hesitation about staying again, especially if I didn't want to be in the middle of the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Senna1978
Dear Senna

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is lovely to welcome you back on another visit to The Ramada Plaza and are delighted that you found our hotel a ideal choice that suits all your needs from our location and surrounding facilities we have on offer. Its great to know that you would have no hesitation in staying with us again in the future. We look forward to seeing back for another enjoyable stay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Spent the night for a function - Everything was very good and breakfast was a decent buffet with a good variety of options. Found staff to be very friendly and helpful. Have stayed before and would have no issues staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fam4093
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review during your recent stay while attending a function with us. Its great to hear you where happy with everything and hope that you had a lovely evening at your function. We are pleased you found our staff to be helpful & friendly with good service and food thank you so much. We look forward to welcome you back to The Ramada Plaza on your next return visit.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Spent 5 nights at the hotel with my family and everyone enjoyed there time. The staff were friendly and always very helpful. Only negative points were the loud women in the bar area whilst we were trying to have a quiet meal, not the hotels fault and the bar staff apologies many times for tech noise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KevJStewart
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Kev

Thank you so much for your lovely review, its wonderful to know that you really enjoyed our facilities at The Ramada Plaza and found it a great hotel to stay. Our team are always at hand to make your stay as comfortable and pleasurable experience at all times thank you for the compliments on the staff. We look forward to welcome you and your family back to The Ramada Plaza in the near future.

Geraldine Mclarnon
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Absolute disgrace will never stay here again or recommend to anyone! Booked 10 rooms last December to stay on the night of our wedding at the end of this month! At the time of booking we were assured special room rates and when booking the rooms on the telephone I secured them with my cc! Was not asked at the time for my email address and was told that that was enough to book the rooms. Contacted the hotel 2days ago to be told that there was no record of my booking but being told I can still have the rooms but they will not honour our origional agreement so the rooms will be more expensive. Having gone on booking.com to find another hotel the rooms online are even cheaper than we had originally agreed. When I eventually got speaking to the manager she just told me over and over shouting down the phone that because I had no email I had not booked the rooms. Stayed here before didnt get an email and my rooms were booked no problem then. Thankfully the lovely staff at the Balmoral hotel have been more than happy to accommodate ourselves and our wedding guests. Also didnt find this out untill today that they charge £12 pp for breakfast that in my opinion last time I stayed was completely inedible. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life being patronised on the telephone and getting absolutely no apology saying that I never booked the rooms when it is the fault of the incompetent reception staff.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank karengorman
Dear karen

We are deeply disappointed to read your review and is with regret that we where not able to find your booking details at the time that you had reserved last December but certainly would have been more than happy to assist with your accommodation requirements. According to our reservations there had been no booking found in the system but do apologize if this is a error in our behalf. If we can assist any further with rooms for your wedding we would be happy to look at the wedding rate at this time.
Once again if we can help with your arrangements please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
newry
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stopped here one day with my 2 children for lunch. Food was beautiful the waitress was lovely and very helpful. Everything was perfect until I received the bill. The food was reasonably priced but I was gobsmacked by the price of a jug of diluted blackcurrant £4 extortion! A lot of hotels would not even charge for this but the most I would ever be charged is £2.50. We could have had 2 soft drinks for less this does not add up someone from management should seriously look at this as this would stop me from coming back or recommending to anyone just very very greedy and not very good for young families.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wood01Newry
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your review and very much appreciate all your comments. We do hope you and your family enjoyed your lunch and thank you for your kind comments on the food and service. We will certainly take all your points mentioned on board for consideration and hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future to The Ramada Plaza assuring you of the best of attention at all times.