“Excellent service”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Mablethorpe, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Spent two nights at beginning of june. Our children booked this trip for my wifes 60th.The hotel up graded us to a deluxe room at no extra cost. Reception were asked to put a card and flowers in the room. The flowers were 15 coloured roses and we were charged only £5. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a wonderful dinner on our first evening. Breakfast was very filling with a wide choice, but toaster could do with changing as I had to put bread though three times as twice was not enough but then it was over done. There is a nice walk at the back of the hotel that takes you to a canal side with a lock keepers cottage and café.

Room Tip: We were booked in a deluxe room which was spacious and bright
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wolves1579
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Wolves

Thank you so much for your lovely comments during your recent stay for your wifes birthday.
We are really pleased that you where happy with the service, great food and the surrounding facilities we have at The Ramada Plaza that made your stay a enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcome you back in the future for another stay.

Geraldine McLarnon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight here. Check-in was painfully slow as there was only a single member of the staff to deal with a queue that was building up. And by the time they dealt with me, a coach load of guests appeared in the queue. Mercifully, another member of staff had appeared at the desk by then!

The room was large, well appointed and the bed king sized and very comfortable. It would have been a thoughtful gesture to have left a couple of bottles of water in the fridge in the room, especially as it was a hot day!

There seemed to be a problem getting wifi access in the room. A phone call to reception elicited the response that she would alert the IT folk. But that was unnecessary because my iPad picked up the hotel network very soon after that conversation.

Breakfast was a sumptuous buffet, full Irish cooked or continental. Served from 0700 hrs. Staff very attentive.

Returning to the desk next morning for checking out, I was advised that they could not take cards to settle the bill, as the machine had failed. That was all right as I had cash on me! (There is a cash machine within the hotel! but it charges you for cash withdrawals!)

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Imliooper
Dear Guest

Thank you for posing your comments during your recent stay with us at The Ramada Plaza. We appreciate all your feedback and is very important to us both positive and negative and take all on board. Once again we sincerely hope that you had a very enjoyable stay at Ramada Plaza and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again for another visit.

Wrexham
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just spent a couple of nights at this lovely hotel. Rooms of a very generous size and spotlessly clean as was the whole hotel, nothing too much trouble for the staff. Breakfast on the expensive side if you don't rider it as a package but very tasty. Only negative thing I have to say about the ramada plaza is that it is slightly out of town and we did spend a lot of money on taxis (about £9/10) each way but this was obviously my own fault for not dong a bit more research on the location. Having said that, still very happy with my choice to stay at the Ramada Plaza

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Belfast. We appreciate all your kind comments and are pleased that you found everything from the facilities and service all satisfactory during your stay. Our team our always at hand to assist all our guests needs to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable experience. We hope that we can welcome you back for another return visit in the future.

Dublin
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I arrived on the 13th June 2014 at approx. 15:13. Terrific first impression on entering lobby. Receptionist exceptionally friendly and helpful. As it was my first visit she took time, in a very pleasant manner, to inform me about the hotel's facilities. Room very spacious with thought given to every aspect of one's stay. Air conditioning that not only worked but was controllable. Bed very comfortable and I did not have to use my engineering skills to figure out how the shower worked. Details of same in plain English on the wall.
Retired to bar for world cup matches. Again extremely pleasant and helpful staff and not overpowering. Ordered bar food and I must say I was more than pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. Retired for the night and had a great sleep.
Breakfast was fantastic; my only complaint was that for one looking after one's weight I succumbed but enjoyed every mouthful. Staff great yet again
Had room booked for a meeting the following day. Again staff very helpful and there was never any need to seek assistance as all was provided as ordered. Highly recommend it for business or pleasure and for both it is great value for money. A very happy guest and will be back. John Lindsay

Room Tip: This was my first but I must say the rooms on Ground Level are very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear John

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is very much appreciated and is wonderful to know that your stay at The Ramada Plaza was all above your expectations and that our service and facilities met all your requirements. Thank you on all your great comments on our staff and great food which made your stay a pleasant experience. We look forward to welcome you back in the future for another returned visit to our hotel.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Rang the Ramada Hotel, Shaws Bridge, Belfast today to try to book a 5 course carvery for my hubby and son for father's day tomorrow. It was £23.00 a head and I asked could I book off menu as surgery means I can only eat one small course. I was basically told I would have to have the carvery menu at £23.00 a head (for one starter or dessert) or else I would have to go and eat in the bistro whilst my husband and son ate in the Carvery room. I mentioned that I had a doctors letter to confirm but that cut no ice either. Needless to say I didn't book :-(

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bobby

We are sorry to hear your comments on our service you encountered at this time. This is not a reflection on our normal standard of service that we deliver here at The Ramada Plaza. We would be happy to deal with this further if you wish to contact us directly off line.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My husband & I have just returned from an amazing two night stay in Ramada Plaza, we where treated like royalty throughout, super excutive room, food was so delightful & staff very accomodating especially Donna the receptionist, bar staff Wallace, Stacey & Leigh where great craic & Philip Turner can do wonders with your hair.. He is a top class hairdresser.. We will defintely be back.. Thankyou Ramada Plaza.. Love from Kenny & Anne Anderson Bessbrook

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne A
Dear Anne

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, we are really delighted that you had a brilliant birthday during your recent two night stay at The Ramada Plaza. It is lovely to hear that our team made the difference to this special occasion and that you enjoyed all our facilities at our hotel. We do look forward to welcome you back on another visit to the Ramada Plaza Hotel.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

All I wanted was a coffee. I was passing by when, rather than going to a coffee shop, I decided to try the hotel. I went to the Hotel's Suburbia Bar and Lounge. It was lovely. It looked expensive, so I thought my coffee would be expensive - not so! My coffee was great in taste and quality and the lass serving it to me knew how to make it and how to present it. A pleasant young lady with excellent manners and a professional approach to her job. This was a coffee experience I really enjoyed. The hotel appears to care about their customers - even customers that only buy a coffee. I'll certainly return there for a future double shot!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RobReilly494
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Crowne Plaza Belfast, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Rob

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our Suburbia bar at The Ramada Plaza Hotel where you found time to relax over a coffee and enjoy the experience and excellent service that we provide. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcome you back to The Ramada Plaza for another visit.